A-7E Corsair II

<...> 2) I thought we "agreed" that we would grant Moritz some time to catch up a bit... <...>

Yeah, but that time was supposed to allow me to gather funds for the kit. And now that I have the kit I've got no excuses left for hesitating. Apart from that really great McNab book. I'll try to start working on the pilot and cockpit later this day. Already bought a tin of day-glo for those orange flight suits. :thumbsup:

Yeah, but that time was supposed to allow me to gather funds for the kit. And now that I have the kit I've got no excuses left for hesitating. Apart from that really great McNab book. I'll try to start working on the pilot and cockpit later this day. Already bought a tin of day-glo for those orange flight suits. ;)

Realy looking forward for that parts as well. Even though not much will be visible in the end,

I do think those orange fly-bag's add a nice plash of colour to the camo-bird's.

As for the build, I think I'm pretty much on schedule. Sofar I've been able to clean out most of

the part's of my F-1. Hopefully I'll be able to start cleaning out part's on the T-2. After that I should

be able to start focusing on the build. The plan is to take the cockpit sections to the spray-booth

before I depart. That will also become the start of my WIP. So stay tuned...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

I´ve already done my F-1 :banana:

Just awaiting some nice pics to show for it.....Najk was here taking pics of most of my models including the F-1.....he´s got a somewhat better camera than me.

It just takes some time because he took so many pics that he´ll have to burn a CD with them instead of just mailing them! I´ve got some test shots at home and sheesh what a difference......

Cheers!

;)

P.S.

I think that guy knows what he´s doing around a camera:P

Edited by Aigore
You guys going to give Aigore a run for his money??!!

Hope so Jman.

Maybe You missed out but during Aigore's F-1 WIP, Moritz & I somewhat agreed to build that bird as well.

I already had the box somewhere in my stash & Moritz got so enthousiastic during the build that he decided

to buy the Has F-1 as well.

In between I have also purchased the Has T-2 "AGGRESSOR". I hope to build both kit's in a stunning

take-off pose. If I go ahead with the initial plan I will have to do some surgery, such as:

* reposition the slat's

* repostion the flap's

* open up the auxiliary-doors on the intakes

Furthermore I'm thinking of repositioning the rudder slightly, reposition the L/H upper-wing spoilers and

also repostion the landing gear in the "nearly" up position. In the end both bird's should be in a "holding hand's"

take-off pose, slightly banking to the left with the gear still retracting. At least: that is the plan...

The back-up plan is to pose both bird's at "sling-shot" right before take-off, should my initial plan fall apart...

Sofar I've only been cleaning out part's of my F-1. In between I have also received the T-2 so I'm hoping to start

cleaning out part's of the T-2 pretty soon. On October 9th I'll be heading out to Asia for a 6 week trip to South Korea,

Taiwan, the Philipines & Singapore. It is my intention to start the WIP on October 1st. Won't be much to start with but it

will somewhat "force" me to stick to my commitment. Stay tuned...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

I´ve already done my F-1.

Just awaiting some nice pics to show for it.....Najk was here taking pics of most of my models including the F-1.....he´s got a somewhat better camera than me.

It just takes some time because he took so many pics that he´ll have to burn a CD with them instead of just mailing them! I´ve got some test shots at home and sheesh what a difference......

Cheers!

P.S.

I think that guy knows what he´s doing around a camera.

Hurry Hurry, can't wait !!!

Don't realy know how Najk handles his camera, but what I could see on the convention-pic's

I'm sure he'll be able to do justice to Your beautiful F-1. :thumbsup:

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

I have no doubt! :monkeydance: Considering how my AV-8 turned out on one of his pics.........sheesh, I asked myself: "did I build that?"

When I get the pics I´ll do "Jannes collection" in the critique forum :)

BTW...is that a build update I see in my WIP, Spooky?! :) .....suppose it´s time you started you WIP thread dude!!! it´s my turn to BS now!!!!!!!! Can´t deny a friend that, now can you?

Cheers!

Yeah my digital camera is ancient so I unfortunately cant do a WIP, I'll try to borrow a friends so I can get some pics up here.

Oh Yeah Jman,

please do so & please do post them RIGHT HERE !!! :thumbsup:

Now that realy is a marvelous idea to seriously foul up this WIP.

I can only wonder why I didn't think of that... :cheers::bandhead2::bandhead2:

:rofl:

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

I have no doubt! :cheers: Considering how my AV-8 turned out on one of his pics.........sheesh, I asked myself: "did I build that?"

When I get the pics I´ll do "Jannes collection" in the critique forum :thumbsup:

BTW...is that a build update I see in my WIP, Spooky?! :bandhead2: .....suppose it´s time you started you WIP thread dude!!! it´s my turn to BS now!!!!!!!! Can´t deny a friend that, now can you?

Cheers!

Didn't we promise to foul around a bit with this WIP. As Moritz already pointed out: this WIP is "dangerously serious".

Could be quite a bit of fun to do some interchangeble updates in the future...

A T-2 WIP with A-7 updates, An A-7 WIP with F-1 updates, a F-1 WIP with A-7 updates and a few bottles of wisky

to keep track of it all. All that is left would be a couple of foxes to hunt the bird's being fed by some chick's...

:bandhead2:

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Well now, that would be completely bizarre......

I´d end up not knowing in what thread to post updates in!

You´re weird, I´m normal...I got a paper from the shrink telling me that!

Oh well, look on the bright side. It could make life a bit easier;

You'd only have to look for either the A-7, F-1 or T-2 WIP to dump Your update in.

If Moritz's WIP & my WIP will enjoy the same popularity as Yours, on of them should

always be on top of the page... :thumbsup:

As for the weird part... In that case I must be weird & dangerous 'cause I got the same

paper from my boss when he hired me...!!!

:)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Isn´t funny how the world works? in circles......

I´ll dump updates in the first best thread I find then :thumbsup:...I´m a bit sick at the moment, and I don´t mean mentally, so it might take some time.

I´ve started detailing the nosewheel well. When it´s done I´ll do an update :)

Cheers

Man I always hate jumping into WIP threads, because I get so excited about the build, and then I find out that you guys are doing awesome work, that its never completed by the time I get to the end of the thread! hehe! I may have to hold off on the A-7E with the aftermarket accessories, but hopefully not! I guess we will have to see!

Hey there guys, posted in general discussion but no replies as of yet! I may have to change from an E model to a D, but Sprue Brothers doesnt have any D models. Other than the cockpit are there many differences between an E and a D?

Hey there guys, posted in general discussion but no replies as of yet! I may have to change from an E model to a D, but Sprue Brothers doesnt have any D models. Other than the cockpit are there many differences between an E and a D?

Not having a reply in only 2 hours isn't that unusual. There is one there now.

Hey Aigore? When you gonn have some new stuff?????? Huh Huh?? I'm going through withdrawals here! :thumbsup:

Yeah Aigore, how about it; I'm about to go "cold turkey" without any of Your updates...

Or is this Your "silent cue" for us to start pitching in some bird's...

:crying2:

On a more serious note: take Your time & get well soon !!!!!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

absolutely get well. i had a horrible tooth ache once and continued to work, and screwed it all up, oh well though, now im better and doing good. hehe. just finished the paint job on my E superhornet. i finally got the two tone grey scheme right, now gotta wait till payday to get some insignia blue so that i can finish the paint job! i think its gonna look sweet! well enough about mine, get well and get back to us soon!

Well I´m a little bit sick, but I ain´t dying :crying2: Just a cold...so I´m slobbing allover the keyboard as I type.

Anyways just so there´s a sign of life from here I´ll throw up a few pics.

I´ve been messing with the nose wheelwell for a while...I´ve gotten as far as I can get today, seems I´m out of aluminium foil :P most annoying!

I´ve been looking loads of pics and well the wheelwells on this is a real snakes nest!! So I oogled a bit on how others have done and I thought angelos´s A-7 had some nice pics..so I simply copied what he´s done! Thanx angelos, really nice refs there!

I started with the roof of the well and sanded off the details that were offered in the kit and started putting in ribs of plasticard.

DSC01347.jpg

And then some plumbing with copper wire and stuff I found in optic fiber cables....

DSC01349.jpg

The walls of the well have just gotten some ribs so far...I need some foil before I can put in some plumbing

DSC01355.jpg

Since I didn´t have any foil I couldn´t proceed with the well so I decided I´d sand the trunk instead :thumbsup:

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

Here I followed another hot tip I saw here on ARC, I superglued 600 grit wetsanding paper rolled on a toothpick and shoved it into my Dremel and went at it!!

DSC01354.jpg

A really good Idea there

That´s as far as I´ve come for now....Tomorrow I´ll go paint some more of those pescy small boats and try to pick up some foil on the way home.

Cheers!

Well pooh, not able to see those pics right now. I am at work and sometimes picture wont come up on certain sites. Oh well guess I'll have to wait until tonight!

Then you have something to look forwards to :monkeydance: that greek A-7 is awesome!

Well I´m a little bit sick, but I ain´t dying :P Just a cold...so I´m slobbing allover the keyboard as I type.

Hey sorry Dude, just trying to show some consideration for a sick fellow-ARC'er...

As for the "slobbing" part: that's called "getting old", not "having a cold" !!!

:D

OK, so much for the fun.

What the heck is it You have with these small boats? Do You build them in commision or something ?

From what I've seen on previous pic's, it look's like they are all seperatly "packed" in a small box or something.

Are they being sold in a museum ? Sure would like to hear more about that...

As for the Alu-foil: have You ever considered using the "Alu-foil" from a Coca-Cola can (or some simular drink) ?

I've seen it somewhere on ARC, so I did some experimenting with the stuff. It sure is lovely stuff to fool around

with: quite thin, yet sturdy enough. On the other hand it isn't as thin as Your normal "regular" kitchen foil.

Also excellent stuff to use for seat-belt's.

Best part of it all: with a six-pack of can's You'll have enough of the stuff to last a life-time !!!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

P.S.: neat suff in the pic's, BTW !!! :monkeydance: