A-7E Corsair II

Was thinking of buying a piece of chocolate tomorrow...they usually have really thin foil....

About the boats, I do some moonlightning in this model shop, I´ve worked there some before and I´ve been an intern there as well. Nowdays I just chip in when I have time. I don´t get paid in money but stuff.....so I get my pay in stuff I need, like airbrushes or models and such.

The boats are mostly sold to servicemen who wants to have a memorabilia of their boat or the boatyard wants to give away models to visiting dignitaries and customers.

This batch of 20 boats will go to the boatyard......so for once we´ll get really paid their worth in time and labor! Service men buy them at a discount.

Cheers!

Well I´m a little bit sick, but I ain´t dying :P Just a cold...so I´m slobbing allover the keyboard as I type.<...>

A swig of Whisky and smelling some glue and paint fumes should take swift care of that! :thumbsup: :lol:

<...> As for the Alu-foil: have You ever considered using the "Alu-foil" from a Coca-Cola can (or some simular drink) ?

I've seen it somewhere on ARC, so I did some experimenting with the stuff. It sure is lovely stuff to fool around

with: quite thin, yet sturdy enough. <...>

Tried that too, but found it didn't work too well. It was pretty flexible and didn't keep a shape. Maybe one of them environment-friendly cans. :lol: There's also the sturdy, thicker aluminium foil used in disposable muffin or lasagna baking tins which works great.

Oh, yeah, lil' boats, moonlighting at model shops, health advice, different kinds of aluminium foil... the gods of thread-jacking are appeased. :worship:

Edited by ChernayaAkula
MMMMMM, Whisky! Hey I sure hope your gonna get some pics up of you using the foil! That has really peaked my interest! Come on Aigore, send us some pics............hehe!

:wave: :) :rofl:

Hey Aigore, look's like we have another "joker" on board !!! B)

Sorry Jman but when we're talking "Whisky", we're talking "WHISKY" (not bourbon !!!).

You know, the sweet golden stuff made from angel's teardrops that will make You talk

backwards without You knowing it !!! Preferably a nice 12Y, 16Y or 18Y "single malt".

Although a sweet soft triple blend can be nice as well. Whatever Your choice: always at

room-temp and NO (!!!) ice. Maybe a water at the side to refresh the taste-bugs from time to time...

An exception to the rule might be a nice 12Y Yamazaki single malt. Believe it or not but that realy is

an excellent Japanese whisky. It makes You wonder if there's anything those guy's can't "copy" !!!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

BTW; don't get me wrong, nice to have You on board !!! Will You open a WIP as well when You start Your SLUF ?

Absolutely I will. Unfortunately with having 2 year old triplets it can be very costly, and well they need diapers more than I need models, but yes I should be able to start my WIP in a few weeks, gotta wait till next payday! HMMMMMMM, didnt know the Japanese made a Whisky as well! Hey you learn something new everyday right??

Absolutely I will. Unfortunately with having 2 year old triplets it can be very costly, and well they need diapers more than I need models, but yes I should be able to start my WIP in a few weeks, gotta wait till next payday! HMMMMMMM, didnt know the Japanese made a Whisky as well! Hey you learn something new everyday right??

Great, will be looking forward to that WIP. Good to read You've got Your priorities in order:

1) the kid's/family

2) some modeling

As for the Japanese whisky: I didn't know about it myself as well. It was only during my trip to Japan that I found out.

During my stay I had already tried a sample of "Suntory Royal" (12Y) whisky. Also Japanese & also very nice. When I

returned back home I just had to have a nice reminder of my trip. Fortunately I found a great "souvenir-shop" at Narita Airport.

The sweet Japanese lady was even nice enough to let me have some small sample-cup's to try several whisky's. The look on the face

of her assistant was very ammusing. Something like: "Yeah right !!! You're just looking for a cheap way to get boozed-up before Your flight."

That changed VERY fast !!! After she had poored a sample-glass I asked for a piece of cardboard, placed it on top of the glass & waited

a minute for the aroma to fill the glass. Then I took a good look at the colour, slowly lifted the piece of cardboard and took a good sniff.

After doing so a couple of times I had a pretty good idea of what was in store, so I took a small sip & let the whisky roll through my mouth

some time. Immediately she saw that I was REALY looking for a good bottle of whisky. At an instant she suddenly produced a glass of water

to "wash" my taste-bug's before tasting the next sample. All in all I spent more than an hour before finaly deciding upon the Yamazaki...

(enjoying it right now, as a matter of fact...)

Throughout the "Viggie-WIP" I learned that Aigore likes whisky as well, so that's why whisky will probably always pop up from time to time.

Hopefully he'll be able to come over next year during our anual Royal Netherlands Air Force air show together with CharnayaAkula so we all

can enjoy some nice whisky.

Well, so much for highjacking Aigore's WIP. Take care & give my regards to the rest of the family.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Sheesh!! Those really my builds???? ;)

Think I better get a decent camera one of theese days........

Anyways, foil and plumbing it was!

Here´s what I did with the foil.

DSC01357.jpg

And some copper plumbing on top...

DSC01358.jpg

And here it´s all put together...nothing really fancy, some seams I have to deal with but it won´t be a problem :P

DSC01360.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

Gotta think about what to do next..

Cheers!

Hey, Spooky, remember those pics I promised you of Aigore's models..?

Aigore, sorry for hijacking your WIP....

Hey Najk !!!

Awesome man !!! You realy did justice to his models !!! :thumbsup:

However... You should have checked with Aigore first before posting these...

I already received a sample-pic via private e-mail, together with the request NOT

to post it since he is/was planning on opening a "seperate post" an ARC...

;) :rofl: :P

Hopefully the two of You still remain friends after this one...

:rofl:

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

P.S.: Aigore, it wasn't me !!!

Sheesh!! Those really my builds????

YES my friend. That's why You have this "on-line fanclub" !!!

Looking forward to see some more of these...

Gotta think about what to do next..

How 'bout buying a descent camera...

;)

As for the update: looking sweet as usual. You realy did justice to the wheel-well. I happen to have one of

these bird's in my stash as well & still remember how "shallow" the original detail is. Keep up the good work !

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Thanx Spooky ;)

And well I suppose Najk has some leeway since he did take pics for hours :P and the pics are really his.

Just my models infront of the camera so I don´t claim any ownership really....but I can promise that there´ll be more to come when I get the rest of the pics and do my "collection" -thread.

And Najk did ask me......after he posted the pics :thumbsup: and I gave it my blessing.

Cheers!

Thanx Spooky

And well I suppose Najk has some leeway since he did take pics for hours and the pics are really his.

Just my models infront of the camera so I don´t claim any ownership really....but I can promise that there´ll be more to come when I get the rest of the pics and do my "collection" -thread.

:banana::nanner::banana:

And Najk did ask me......after he posted the pics and I gave it my blessing.

:woot.gif:

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Yeah those were really nice looking models. Hopefully I when I can get some pics up on here they will do justice! Love your Jaguar! Looking to add one to my collection, well that along with many others........hehe!

I would have thought there would have been more piping and wiring in the wheel bays, huh? I guess thats what I get for thinking when I am not used to it! :redx:

You funny !!!

:rofl:

As for the "Jaguar"...

As Aigore already pointed out it is a Mitsubishi F-1 from the JASDF (Japan Air Self Defense Force).

Currently I'm working on the same bird together with a Mitsubishi T-2. The T-2 is the two-seat verion.

I'm planning to start a WIP regarding these two builds on October 1st. (Feel free to check it out when it appears.)

My F-1 will be somewhat simular as Aigore's (only a different Sqn.). The T-2 will be dressed up in Adverssary colours.

Hopefully the end-result will be somewhat simular as Aigore's... Stay tuned !!!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

BTW: Hey ChernayaAkula... Sound's familiar to You...?!?!?! Any "catch-up progress" already or are You still bashing

those grey cell's with reading...?!?!?!

Some nice progress! Those wheel wells looks great! :)

Nice pics of your completed builds! I think I still like the Hunter best. :wub:

<...> As for the Japanese whisky: <...> During my stay I had already tried a sample of "Suntory Royal" (12Y) whisky. Also Japanese & also very nice. <...>

suntory.jpg

"For relaxing times, make it Suntory time."

rofl.gif

I love that film!

<...>Hopefully he'll be able to come over next year during our anual Royal Netherlands Air Force air show together with CharnayaAkula so we all can enjoy some nice whisky. <...>

Not me, though. Teetotaller! :wave:

<...>

BTW: Hey ChernayaAkula... Sound's familiar to You...?!?!?! Any "catch-up progress" already or are You still bashing

those grey cell's with reading...?!?!?!

I know, I know. Now that I've finished "Seven Troop" by Andy McNab (also involving a character with a "not-insane" chit issued by a psychologist! :lol:) and have completed some task around the house, I hope to start on the WIP. Have thought about mixing the day-glo for the flight-suit with some "normal" orange. Shouldn't look so garish then.

May be a slow build as I have up to three or four other builds planned. JASDF Rafale and AV-8B+ in 1/144, a modified 1/72 Me 109 and a 1/72 F/A-18C for the McAir GB. But working on several kits at once means I can cut down on the time gathering all the tools and stuff. If only I could get off me lazy ar$e and start working on that modelling room. B)

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Rich....well maybe once but now it´s all in the stash :P

Naw,but I buy kits faster than I build them, tho I still don´t have that a horrid stash compared with Moritz and Spooky.....they can count their stashes in the hundreds while I only have a few tens of kits. I do try to build them before I become greiatric at least :P While those guys will prolly never get to the end of their stashes, even if they stopped buying kits now :worship:

Cheers!