A-7E Corsair II

Hey Spooky, you ever need to unload a couple of kits send em on my way! Wait your overseas, that would probably cost an arm and a leg! hehe! Yeah I was talking to the old lady and to cut down on costs I was going to buy a control stick and just play some games online, but then she said I like it when you sit here with me and build your models as I play with my game. I was like :thumbsup: . So I might be able to buy the kit I want and start my WIP sooner that I thought! Barring we have enough to cover the cost from Sprue Brothers and all!

Living on a tight budget eh, JMan? :(

Fortunately a model is a good investment....considering how much fun per buck and hour you get :rolleyes:

I did a calculation on the most costly model I built and included paint,airbrush, decals and detailsets plus conversion sets in that total and that still gave me entertainment at a cost of about $1.60 an hour at a building time of about 150 hours.

So compared with much other entertainment there is...modelling is a bargain! And you never get hungover! :banana:

Cheers!

You see; there You have it...

In essence we're all very sensible people.

;)

Now if only I could convince my wallet & bank-account... :)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Amen brotha! I hear ya there. I should be able to find out tomorrow how much my check will be on friday! If its enough that I can put food in our tummies, clothes on our backs, and a roof over our heads, not to mention diapers for 3 toddlers, I just might be able to eek enough out to get something!

But family is always first, you guys will just have to wait like I said yesterday to see how poor my work really is!

There is no such thing as poor work in modelling.... every model is another step closer to perfection! Wich will never be achieved :rofl:

We´re all in different levels of developement therefor all comparison with other modellers are meaningless and the only true question is: Did I have fun doing it?

There is always room for improvement no matter how good you are at modelling and the perfect model is as elusive as the unicorn!...pure myth!

So you can only compare your next build with your last and see if you´ve improved....what anybody else thinks is BS if they don´t recognize your effort! You build because it´s fun, enjoyable and relaxing and for your own sake...not to appease a crowd!

There you have it JMan...there is no way you do poor builds! So no more of that, please! :banana:

AIIGHT!!!!!!! I will try this weekend to get some pics on here of my F/A-18E build. It's coming along smoothly, just clear coating and applying washes right now. All painting is done.......whew, what a chore to get the DGG, and LGG to meld together nicely, I think I did a great job, got compliments from my toughest and critic, myself, not to mention my girlfriend gave a big thumbs up for my efforts! YEEHAWW!!!!!

There is no such thing as poor work in modelling.... every model is another step closer to perfection! Wich will never be achieved :P

We´re all in different levels of developement therefor all comparison with other modellers are meaningless and the only true question is: Did I have fun doing it?

There is always room for improvement no matter how good you are at modelling and the perfect model is as elusive as the unicorn!...pure myth!

So you can only compare your next build with your last and see if you´ve improved....what anybody else thinks is BS if they don´t recognize your effort! You build because it´s fun, enjoyable and relaxing and for your own sake...not to appease a crowd!

There you have it JMan...there is no way you do poor builds! So no more of that, please! :bandhead2:

AIGORE !!!

Grab some whisky, NOW !!! You're scaring the h*ll out of me !!!

:)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

BTW: Bought a nice bottle of "Suntory" 17y today ==> "Spooky happy !!!"

Sooo, assuming where all sober:

Aigore had a very strong point: the outcome of Your build isn't that important.

It's the fun that count's. This hobby should be all about relaxing & having fun.

Try not to become a compulsive builder but take Your time and enjoy the build.

Once Your experience goes up You can try a more challenging build such as the

Viggie which Aigore build recently.

Should You fail in such a simular project, regard it as an bench-mark;

* take the loss

* keep building up experience

* try again after some time

Whatever happens: take it slow & enjoy the learning-curve.

A very wise man once said:

"It's not the destination that count's, but the journey it took to get there..."

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Yeah I understand what he wrote. I take it to heart, and I am now taking my time, trying to fix little imperfections, trying to make as accurate a depiction of each plane! I love modelling, its my passion. It's great that there is a place for us to come and share, f*** around, and have fun! And Aigore so sorry to dump on your build thread........but you know you love it!

Yeah I understand what he wrote. I take it to heart, and I am now taking my time, trying to fix little imperfections, trying to make as accurate a depiction of each plane! I love modelling, its my passion. It's great that there is a place for us to come and share, f*** around, and have fun! And Aigore so sorry to dump on your build thread........but you know you love it!

Sounds like You got the general idea.

"Switching channel 8 now..." (it's 02.00AM local time so I'll need to catch some zzz's)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Nah, not much has happened, even tho I´m suposed to be on vacvation this week, I´ve actually spent it working at the model shop doing those boats....and to tell the truth I´m so beat when I get home that I don´t have the energy to build. I´m so tired of this cold *sniffle*

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

BTW, I got a bit surprised this morning when I got up......it was a bit foggy outside, and it actually looked like my flat was flying!! That felt like a weird awakening...without any pills!

This was the view from my balcony!

DSC01365.jpg

And then the fog lifted a bit...this is from the kitchen, the weird thing was that there was a clear sky above the fog....I live on the 12th floor and the building is up on a hill. Just 30 minutes before I took this pic there was fog all the way to my window and all I could see was the fog beneath my window and the smokestack in the distance! that was pretty cool

DSC01364.jpg

Cheers!

Aigore, mate, whatever you're taking against that cold... it can't be good if you wake up feeling like you're in a GORILLAZ VIDEO. I suggest self-medication with whisky and paint fumes! :worship: Those should clear your nose in next to no time!

Those Stridsbats look pretty cool, though. Cool design. Love that splinter camo. I think it's very nice of the Swedish to paint all their stuff - air force, army and navy - in the same colours! :worship:

Speaking of cool design: You built a Visby-class as well? :worship:

Edited by ChernayaAkula
Aigore, mate, whatever you're taking against that cold... it can't be good if you wake up feeling like you're in a GORILLAZ VIDEO. I suggest self-medication with whisky and paint fumes! :woot.gif: Those should clear your nose in next to no time!

Those Stridsbats look pretty cool, though. Cool design. Love that splinter camo. I think it's very nice of the Swedish to paint all their stuff - air force, army and navy - in the same colours! :lol:

Speaking of cool design: You built a Visby-class as well? :worship:

We´re actually considering making kits of them.....they´re really uneconomic to build, too much time spent on something that doesn´t really give much revenue. They´re in H0 scale...that is 1/87th scale for you not familiar with trains :P

We´ve also build them in1/30th scale and 1/50th scale...considering making a kit out of the 1/50th scale too even though it´d be expensive.

And unfortunately it isn´t the same colors used by the airforce...can´t really say what colors they are. We use orginal colors that we got from the boatyard that builds the things. No FS numbers, just swedish standard colors which no color producer makes:P

I´m still building my Visby in 1/100th scale but it´s really slow progress on that one. I sometimes help out with the smaller ones in 1/300th scale as with the subs that are in 1/300th scale as well.

If you´re wondering about why the scales are the way they are it´s because they´re museum scales and industrial scales that are usual in prototyping.

Cheers!