Superbug Question

Hi guys,

When the wings are folded up on the SH, are the leading edge slats in line with the wing, or are they lowered (pointing outwards)? Or, would they be like they are molded on the Revell SH, or like in the Wolfpack wingfold set?

Cheers,

-Doug :thumbsup:

Edited by dsmith

Doug

There is several pictures in the D&S that shows them tilted out maybe 5 to 7 degree's.

Edit: found more pictures 1 shows them like the Revell kit and another fully extended while wings are folded.

Don

Edited by DONG

Well, I either build in-flight or all-out (everything possible deployed/folded/extended/ect.), so yes. Hornets are nice that way, the edges are nice and straight. I'll pat the back of anyone who drops the forward flaps on a non-kinetic F-16.

Well, on the static F-16s the leading edge flaps actually deflect a few degrees up, not down...

-Hoops

Yep the LEF on the Viper are 2 degrees up on the ground... (Actually when you have WOW measured on the NLG, the FLCS and ECA commands them up...)

Now you can have them Down on the ground.

But only if you are rigging the LEF, Changing the LEF seal on the inboard edge... And even at certain steps in the FLCS Self test... and at certian points in a few other checks... What you need are a Mule, -60, C-10 as well as a few figures pop open the CB panels, and don't forget 1305 under the nose, and have one figure rotate the probes, (We used a broomstick with nylon cord, to allow us to rotate them together...)

But since this is dedicated to the superbug...

I think I have seen a few high res shots on the USN site that give a lot of angles on that one...

William G