Super Etendard

Hello Uncle

My bad :doh: , already fixed now; I'd have read it some were that the bird was called "La Lora" hence my mistake.

Choosed the 03 because it's a relevant subject too, and was the first Etendard delivered; almost every other 1/48 model I've seen are from the 02 so this would be change.

This one has fighting me from the beginning; in the interim I'd managed to finish two more models and started a third, it's going slow but steady.

Muchas gracias por tus amables comentarios, saludos y un fuerte abrazo para ti también.

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...

Thank's for your comments Pep.

Small update.

The ejection seat got more detailing, the belts were made from what I think are aluminum strips, next time I'll use a more flexible material instead because this one was prone to break; the buckles come from the L'arsenal photoetch set.

P1000496.jpg

Here is the seat, coated with Mr. Surfacer 1000

P1000499.jpg

This is my first attempt to draw the numerals of the mid fuselage; I used Inkscape to generate the artwork in vector format; With a bit of luck maybe I'll find where to print it, by the time I finish the rest of the marks.

SuEnumerals.png

That's all for now, I'll apreciate comments, critics and recomendations about the decals also.

Carlos

Thanks for your kind comments Holmes

Pep, I forgot to ask; do you have the new boxing with resin and photoetch? if so, how is the quality?

More work was done to draw the markings, all the anchor's pictures I found were taken from an angle so it was difficult to determine the correct proportions and dimensions; didn't include the markings in black yet.

48SuEsvg-rect4442-5-4294967239.png

Here is a test print in paper of the markings atached temporaly to the model in order to verify the correct dimensions.

P1000507.jpg

P1000505-1.jpg

The anchor looks more like the real one compared to the one on the right; the "ARMADA" sign was bigger but since all the drawings are in vector format it would be easy to downsize it.

P1000506.jpg

that's all for now; I'm planning to get the markings printed somewhere, I'll appreciate any recomendation on how to do it.

Looking good sir!

Yes, i have the one with the new resin parts.

the interior is not that great, doesn't even include a seat so i would still recommend the neomega set.

But the pods and weapons are very nice as well as the photo etch parts.

Unfortunately it doesn't include marking for the Argentina bird and i'm really regretting giving my old ones away =(

Mine will be the full grey Afghanistan bird.

here's the last one i build, not as wonderful as yours thought

• 1 year later...

Hi Carlos,

Fantastic work. I mostly like the fact that you have managed and used very thin sheets of round plastic in order to represent the various tubes of the wheel wells. Did you place them first into hot water in order to make them more bendable or, you used a different technique?

Looking forward to see the finish of this excellent build.

Sernak

Wow!

It’s have been more than a year since the last update, really need to get some work done on this.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Pep, very nice model you have done.

72scaler, it’s not finished yet, I’ve put this on hold because of the decals problem; recently I knew that Aztec decals is going to release a new decal set that include the Etendard so I hope to get back to this build either if I can get them or finish drawing my own. Which version you are planning to build?

Sernak, all the tubes are from stretched sprue, depending on the softness and thickness I used hot water or a light bulb to warm the plastic; in some cases a couple of strokes with tamiya extra thin cement will do the trick.

Loki, the Archer rivets are applied like a regular water slide decal, only need a clean smooth surface either plastic or primer; in my case the primer were used to correct the numerous scratches of the build.

Regards

Carlos

72scaler, it’s not finished yet, I’ve put this on hold because of the decals problem; recently I knew that Aztec decals is going to release a new decal set that include the Etendard so I hope to get back to this build either if I can get them or finish drawing my own. Which version you are planning to build?

I can't wait to see the finished bird! I plan to build a Super Etendard Modernise which operates over Lybia during operation Harmattan. I have the Academy 1:72 kit with some aftermarket stuff. But due to lack of time I think I have to wait until the beginning of next year. I think about something like this: http://forum.keypublishing.com/showpost.php?p=1734828&postcount=36

I'm searching reference pictures, especially from the cockpit area. Where do you find your reference pictures? Thank you in advance.

Regards

Rob