Rivet-R rivet tool

Here is my latest tool.

This is an attachment for a standard craft/hobby knife. Use this tool to scribe rivets on plastic, resin and even soft metals.

The tool comes with 4 separate wheels with the following pitch (distance between teeth tips):

- 0.75mm (~0.03in)

- 1.00mm (~0.04in)

- 1.25mm (~0.05in)

- 1.50mm (~0.06in)

The tool is made entirely from stainless steel.

The tool can be purchased from my store for 7 euro.

(Knife handle not included)

www.radubstore.com

Thanks for your support,

Radu

www.radub.com

Rivet-R.jpg

Can you tell us roughly how long they last?? They certainly look great!

Dave

Hi Dave,

They will last as long as you want them to. They are strong and sharp. I imagine that they may break if misused (i.e. using tectonic force or trying to rivet stone, ;-) ) but if you use them on plastic like any regular scriber, they will last a good while. They are made from stainless steel and will not rust.

Radu

In concept, it's a great ide and nice results can be achieved. I wish you all the best with this product.

My only gripe (not that there needs to be & please don't take this personally) is that all of these "pounce wheel" type rivet tools I've seen make square or rectangle holes, not round ones. Additionally, rivets aren't holes, they are more like flush thumbtacks (circles). A buddy of mine took the time to "sharpen" the teeth of the one he bought into a round shape, but that's a lot of work, and he still gets holes.

In concept, it's a great ide and nice results can be achieved. I wish you all the best with this product.

My only gripe (not that there needs to be & please don't take this personally) is that all of these "pounce wheel" type rivet tools I've seen make square or rectangle holes, not round ones. Additionally, rivets aren't holes, they are more like flush thumbtacks (circles). A buddy of mine took the time to "sharpen" the teeth of the one he bought into a round shape, but that's a lot of work, and he still gets holes.

CenTexModeler,

I know what you mean, but these wheels are manufactured using a completely different method and they are not square. These are not cogs "reassigned" as rivet scribers - these were designed from the ground up for this purpose.

HTH

Radu

Ah well, once it is in the capable hands of the good people in AnPost, they are on their way. They can perform amazing feats. The record is 36 hours from West Cork to Australia (I have no idea how, when I went there I flew for 24 hours...), but they also managed to deliver a package to the UK in one month... :thumbsup:

Radu

Very nice. I like the little protective finger guard. Keeps your finger from getting riveted.

:rolleyes::woot.gif: :wacko:

But you're quite right. That finger guard is quite well thought out. Sometimes you want to apply a little pressure on the wheel in order to penetrate tougher plastic (Hasegawa old tool plastic comes to mind) and you need to use your index finger to apply pressure on the wheel.

I received my Rivet-R a couple days ago, and I am definitely impressed. It works really well, covers a fairly good variety of different scales, and is a bargain to boot! Radu has done a great job and ships very quickly, I strongly recommend Rivet-R.