1:48th Hobbycraft A-4M - Completed 1-29-09

I am throwing my hat into the ring for the GBNF GB with the 1:48th scale Hobbycraft A-4M.

The kit will be OOB with the exception of markings....which will be from Superscale.

Here is the cockpit....

jarhead_scooter_1.jpg

jarhead_scooter_2.jpg

jarhead_scooter_3.jpg

The details in the Hobbycraft cockpit suck (not nearly as bad as decals...but close). I scrounged through the spares bin and found an old friend. The old Monogram visor open pilot figure....popular in so many 80's kits. So....I dressed him up.....the only downside is with all the extra stuff in the cockpit now, I didn't have room for the stick....oh well, it was pretty crappy anyway!

Edited by paul.nortness
Is it blood on his left arm?

No...that was actually the remnants of a red badge that I didn't like so I wiped it.....it was just a trace of red that didn't show until the pic enlarged it.

Actually, I changed my entry from a A-4C to a A-4M. There was a conflict with the Mud Movers group build at Finescale, so now the GBNFGB gets the Mike and the Mudmovers get the Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a quick update......

She's all puttied up and sanded, and just sealed up with a coat of Mr. Surfacer 1000. The only thing left is some paint and then attach the rest of the bits, future and decal, future again and weather it.

jarhead_scooter_5.jpg

• 1 month later...