C-119L 3 Blade Hamilton Standard Propellers

I would like to do the Taiwanese C-119L with the SEA Camo. I dont 't know if connie props will work as they were made by curtiss-electric. But I will have a look at them. Robbing an Anigran C-124 for the props would be too expensive.

Try this:

http://www.aeroclub-models.com/p.html?n=12&c=P103

What paint scheme/decals are you going to use?

Matt B)

I would like to do the Taiwanese C-119L with the SEA Camo. I dont 't know if connie props will work as they were made by curtiss-electric. But I will have a look at them. Robbing an Anigran C-124 for the props would be too expensive.

Got some C-119L pics here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Matt...arounds/C-119L/

This is the same a/c as featured in one of the Wolfpack decal sheets (the all-black scheme).

Matt B)

I think that the C-119L had C-121 props taken from the boneyard. Don't know how good the Heller props are, though.

Best wishes,

Grant

Al Lloyd's C-119 book confirms they were C-121 props. Neither the Heller or Aeroclub props will work, as they are molded (cast) one piece with the spinners.

There is a conversion for the Taiwan C-119 that pops up periodically on Evil-bay that includes the 3-blade props. Not sure if there's on on there now (e-bay's blocked here at work) but there was on there just a couple weeks ago when I was looking for an AC-119 kit

Thanks for your help. I have read on a C-119 website where the three blade propellers were refered to as "connie props". So I will check out he aeroclub set.

Gents:

I purchased Aeroclub set P103 and they don't have spinners. All they have is the Curtis-Electric style governor cover.

Mark

Gents:

I purchased Aeroclub set P103 and they don't have spinners. All they have is the Curtis-Electric style governor cover.

Mark

I stand corrected. That is good news. Didn't know they made a 749-style prop set also (the set I have is for the 1049 with spinners - honestly, I didn't check set number-turns out it's P094)

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Electra II said:

I would be VERY interested in getting a set of two props for my AC-119 project in 1/72 scale. Cheers! Mitch

Hello Electra II

I'm glad to help you out with casting the props from my master, please PM me we'll talk more with details. thank you!

let_models,

• 4 months later...