Pierre's Felixstowe F.2A - FINISHED after 17 months!

Building of the dashboard, which will now be quite visible. I kept the brass surface unpainted, as I like it very much, but gave the backside a wooden finish.

Felixstowe-2_24.jpg

The backside, with the instrument housing. I drilled tiny holes to receive the wiring, and painted the stringers.

Felixstowe-3_9.jpg

And here is what one can see when the model will be finished. Much better than to close up everything :thumbsup:

Felixstowe-1_30.jpg

All i can say is WOW. I came accross this thread while browsing for other things on the net. As it happened i was looking for seaplane dio's. Hence i came accross your stringbag dio and from there, here. The quality of your craftsmanship just blows me away. Thats why i signed up and your my 1st post.

I usually frequent FSM and on there is another stunning Scratcher, Chuk. I see he's in good company. Keep up the good work and i cant wait for the next installment.

...Guy

I am ready to see a new update on this one. I need my fix...

Sorry folks for the lack of updates. I attended a modelling show this week-wnd, and the Felixstowe did not progress.

However I could build a brass "stopwatch" for the navigator. It is well overscaled, and funny (you would not expect such a device on board of an aircraft...)

Photos tonight.

Cheers,

Pierre

Welcome to Cuckoo Land :P

This is NOT a stopwatch for navigation aboard the Felixstowe :wacko:

While I was attending the modelling exhibition, I had nothing better to do than to craft something free minded. I had with me some brass, a soldering station, scissors and a nail file.

Here is the result...

Felixstowe-1_31.jpg

And to practice on smaller parts I soldered a couple of pulleys for the Felixstowe, like this one.

Felixstowe-2_26.jpg

OH MY GOD :bandhead2::woot.gif: That’s simply amazing. I always like to watch builds with heavy scratch building involved. The amount of detail is unbelievable (especially considering it’s 1/72) and I would be happy to create such masterpieces in 1/32.

Markus :)

Welcome to Cuckoo Land :bandhead2:

This is NOT a stopwatch for navigation aboard the Felixstowe :)

While I was attending the modelling exhibition, I had nothing better to do than to craft something free minded. I had with me some brass, a soldering station, scissors and a nail file.

Here is the result...

Felixstowe-1_31.jpg

And to practice on smaller parts I soldered a couple of pulleys for the Felixstowe, like this one.

Felixstowe-2_26.jpg

This must be what they are talking about when they say "less is more"

Amazing !

Paul T

Welcome to Cuckoo Land :)

This is NOT a stopwatch for navigation aboard the Felixstowe :thumbsup:

Here is the result...

Felixstowe-1_31.jpg

Holy Cow ! :thumbsup:

Now you "doodle" in brass Pierre ?!?!? :thumbsup:

Beautiful work on the project Sir ...

Gregg

I should stop looking at these threads. Every time I do, I look at my shelf and think about the times my thumbs have failed to even make a decent job of an OOB build.

This is amazing stuff, and I hope one day to be able to emulate even a fraction of this level of skill.

I am now going to go and chew a rock and curse with jealousy

Seriously though, this is brilliant, and thankyou for sharing :thumbsup:

Matt