Pierre's Felixstowe F.2A - FINISHED after 17 months!

As the wing struts are too small to hold them conveniently I decided to drill holes and insert some wire.

I drill at 0.4mm with the help of the binoculars: the width is so narrow that no misalignment can be tolerated.

felixstowe-1_1.jpg

The insertion of the thread which will allow me to hold the struts firmly while the paint dries.

felixstowe-2_1.jpg

Cutting off the desired length...

felixstowe-3_1.jpg

It even helps to consolidate the assembly to the wing.

felixstowe-4.jpg

:thumbsup: nice Pierre very nice, you have got the be the only person I know who would be able to pull such fine detail work off so clean and crisp. My hat's of to you sir. I'm looking forward to that rigging session its looking quite promising.

Cheers and happy modelling

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

And on the fifth day, God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds, and everything that creeps upon the ground according to its kind. And God contemplated his creation, heaven and earth, waters and light, plants and animals, and God saw that it was good. "Well, he said, obviously, not as good as Pierre, but, it'll have to do, I don't have his patience."

:rofl: