Pierre's Felixstowe F.2A - FINISHED after 17 months!

Building a ... hehehe, what will it be ? Brass sheet, two 0.3mm tubes, some solder, a good magnifying microscope... it is a ...

Felixstowe-1_106.jpg

... pitot tube (mesures the speed of the aircraft by comparing the static pressure to the dynamic pressure).

Felixstowe-2_79.jpg

Next are the propellers. They were badly wrapped, so I had to boil them in hot water to straighten the blades.

Felixstowe-3_42.jpg

The tortuous path of modeling leads to the cellar and the deep-freezer.

Felixstowe-1_107.jpg

Our beloved propellers are very reluctant to remember their new unwrapped shape. So they had to suffer the heat in boiling water, followed by a a cold water shower (=sauna for plastic items). Their way to freedom includes a stay at -18°C in the deep-freezer to "remember" the new shape :)

Felixstowe-2_80.jpg

I have been following your progress and every time I have been speechless.

You have done an impressive work with the model and the outcome is breathtaking.

I can not write in words what I think of your model and model skills. Please let us see some more of that in the future.

Glue Safely

Tobias

Edited by TobHol

Absolutely beautiful Pierre. The propellers really look good on their own, but even better in combination with the aircraft. Very, very nice.

... pitot tube (mesures the speed of the aircraft by comparing the static pressure to the dynamic pressure)

I learned it measures the airspeed of the aircraft by comparing the static pressure to the total air pressure. The tube measures the total air pressure and by subtracting the static pressure from the total pressure, the dynamic air pressure comes out. And thát's the pressure indicating the airspeed, by a calibrated display :doh:

greets Jelle

Pierre

I'm trying to understand if you is crazy or a genious! I think that all genious people have a kind of madness ourselve. For all your experience and teaching (yes I said sometime ago here in this topic that we had a marvelous modelling classroom) I say thank you!

And please, bring more models as you can. And forget if they need 17 months 17 years or 1 or 2 days to be completed. The most important thing here is the opportunity to learn with all our friends.

Thank you again!

Hi Pierre

it is an exceptional jewel, worth the long mounths you took to build it.

i'm sure each of us would sell there entire collection of jewels for such an exceptional

Anyway, a great thank you for sharing this marvelous build. Hope to see it in Hyeres this year ?

Norbert