Pierre's Felixstowe F.2A - FINISHED after 17 months!

What a gorgeous start! For me, the perspective shot + close-up works beautifully - and the wooden interior is almost too elegant for a warplane. (Would not look out-of-place in a luxury Sikorsky). All you need are comfy lounge chairs. I also have a weakness for seaplanes, and will be folowing this thread with glee.

Just don't melt anything for the sake of an exciting narrative...

Temporary assemblies. There will be some extra work: I need to change the lower wing attachment. And there are some other issues that start bothering me...

Before anybody else notices: the aft section of the body (behind the wing) is no longer wood paneled, but fabric covered. Before repainting it, I simulated the fabric texture with a layer of paper tissue.

Felixstowe-1_5.jpg

Close up of the wing assembly brass tubes. There will be two of them: fore and aft.

Felixstowe-2_4.jpg

The control wheel assembly, for which I scratchbuilt the floor mount. I had to trim slightly the lower control horns. The seats will be redone as well.

Felixstowe-3.jpg

I cut and broke away the fore part of the floor. Then I added some styrenre ribbing, and ended by oil-painting the wood structure of the hull. Now this goes into the drying box, before I can add more ribbing, as per Datafile photo no 82.

:woot.gif:

Felixstowe-1_4.jpg

Edited by Scalephantomphixer
Your wood effect is just fantastic. Care to enlighten us mere mortals with your process?

Easy: a first layer of acrylic Tamiya Desert Yellow (XF-63 I believe), then a coat of sienna oil, and stripes of dark umber. One side of the dark umber is left sharp, the other side is blended into the sienna.