Pierre's Felixstowe F.2A - FINISHED after 17 months!

The seatbelts, by Eduard. I built a small buckle with lead wire. I cannot say these parts are very large indeed...

Felixstowe-1_15.jpg

Then I drilled a small hole (0.3mm) to plug in the buckle. Now the seats must dry completely before I can fold the belts onto the cussions.

Felixstowe-2_12.jpg

Edited by Scalephantomphixer
...I must say I am a bit surprised by the selection of the kit - although you've progress back in time from F-4 to DC-3 and now to Felixstowe

Hi Sebastijan, not only the type has changed, but the scale gets smaller and smaller! Starting with super-sized Phantoms was an excellent training...

Beautiful work again Pierre.

Can I hijack your thread for a second..??

Long ago I had a website marked where you could buy really cool light & sound kits for models. They came with an engine start up sequence... some even had smoke. Of course now that I'm ready to build a kit using one of these, I cant find the website.

I should clarify... its a circuit board with LED's, speaker and switch. You build them into your current kit. I think I remember you using this at some point. Do you have a website address for this company kicking around somewhere?

wow..it looks lioke you are doing surgery.

Just to pick up on this... Some people here could really be doing surgery (counting you among them) but then again they should not because this way they would never have the time to build such beautiful models. With those wood planks it looks a bit dark but still very realistic and it has a tremendous level of detail. This molding of yours is a very interesting project and I´m curious to see what this open section modification will look like.

Greetings.

Edited by upupandaway
All styrene bits are in place. Now come the cross-sections. I feel quite happy for the time being :)

Felixstowe-1_20.jpg

;) nothing more nothing less mate

awesome job? I can just only hope you'll do a 32nd scale jet after this one :thumbsup:

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Amazing piece of work there, Pierre!

What type of material did you use for the jig? Is it the same sort of silicone you use for mouldning resin?

Cheers!

Per

Thanks for the nice comments :thumbsup:

...Too bad I didn't have time for a chat while you were in Brussels .

So we have an appointment in 2 years time ?

...What type of material did you use for the jig? Is it the same sort of silicone you use for mouldning resin?

Yes it is. Made by Gebéo, comes as two Bluetack-like components to mix and knit.

Edited by Scalephantomphixer