2008 Oceana Air Show

The wife came along this year. The last time she went to an air show with me they were called Open Houses and the date was April 1978, the venue NAS Norfolk. Anyway, just like in '78, she pretended to have a good time. Post your images and comments here. I know some of you were there 'cas I spoke with you during the show. Anyway, here are a couple of my attempts to capture the moment(s) that was Oceana's 50th Anniversary Air Show.

Cheers,

Dave

F-22-1.jpg

F-22-2.jpg

F-22-5.jpg

F-22-6.jpg

F-22P-51-1.jpg

P-51-1.jpg

P-51.jpg

C-17-1.jpg

P-51QuickSilver.jpg

Patty-1.jpg

Edited by Sig Saur & Son
Went on Cloudy-Saturday. Haven't uploaded the pics yet, however.

Was I the only one expecting just a little MORE from a 50th Anniversary show that is supposed to be one of the better shows around?

-John

Yes.

The US and Canadian AF stole the show.

Edited by Sig Saur & Son

What a great show!!

Dave, nice to see and shoot with you again. Steve, you and Shawn are the best!! What a great weekend.

AF / CAF stole the show?? I don't think so. Here are a couple of arguments for the USN!

_MG_1269a.jpg

_MG_1377a.jpg

And for you, Darren. Unfortunately the Rippers had their birds in the barn. THere were a few on the ramp, but they wouldn't let us shoot them. Luckily, the flew a couple in the fleet tac demo.

Here you go.

_MG_0411a.jpg

More to come later, Craig