Only one week left in the GB. Of course, we are on the honor system here, so you dont need to hurry to get your pics posted by 11:59. As long as you say that you finished by the end of the day on September 30, 2008 (in your own local time zone) that is good enough for us and you will qualify for the raffle prize drawing, though our prize stash is slim.

On a slightly different note, there has been suggestions made that we continue with the PACAIR theme. I have a few thoughts on this. One, it seems like a slippery slope to have a dedicated forum under the props or other section just for PACAIR, where would it stop? and it might kill GBs. Two, we do have other pacific theme GBs that are in contemplation for down the road, we wouldnt want to steal that thunder. But, three, I think that this is a huge subject and it is nice to have a dedicated place for it, so here is my suggestion.

Anyone who wants to continue with PACAIR subjects and have an exclusive place for them, use this forum. As long as people keep visiting and posting, the forum will remain open and active and we can moderate it. I will open a thread for finished builds post-GB as well. We can treat this GB thread as sort of an ongoing PACAIR theme forum. If you all are interested, let us know and we will continue to mod after the GB is done.

Thanks all for a great GB so far and good luck in your push to the finish!

Well, sorry guys but i wont be able to finish the betty in time. Life got in the way with nice weather, kids and work. Now that the season is turning cooler, i'll be able to get back to the bench and finish her. I'll continue to post progress shots to show you whats up. Sorry guys

Jim

Anyone who wants to continue with PACAIR subjects and have an exclusive place for them, use this forum. As long as people keep visiting and posting, the forum will remain open and active and we can moderate it. I will open a thread for finished builds post-GB as well. We can treat this GB thread as sort of an ongoing PACAIR theme forum. If you all are interested, let us know and we will continue to mod after the GB is done.

That is an excellent idea, Sir!

I am going on something of a 'Yellow Wings" kick for the next few months, but I recently acquired some ICM kits. a Ki-10, a Ki-27, and an I-15bis, as well as an Azur Mohawk I intend doing as an N.E.I. 75A-9....

On a slightly different note, there has been suggestions made that we continue with the PACAIR theme. I have a few thoughts on this. One, it seems like a slippery slope to have a dedicated forum under the props or other section just for PACAIR, where would it stop? and it might kill GBs. Two, we do have other pacific theme GBs that are in contemplation for down the road, we wouldnt want to steal that thunder. But, three, I think that this is a huge subject and it is nice to have a dedicated place for it, so here is my suggestion.

Best of luck to those pushing to finish :rofl:

Jay, I take the points made above and (if it happens) welcome the chance to continue to read the words and see the further work of the gents from this GB. Came back from holiday to a fresh stack of Japanese models (in addition to all the others), so now have a large research gap to fill...

Patrick

(the Raiden, sir)

Thanks all for a great GB so far and good luck in your push to the finish!

Yes, I have to make my second MS 406 in 1942 in Indochina with her jail striped pajamas and perhaps something else... :thumbsup:

Patrick

Edited by VG 33

I don't think a perpetual GB is a good idea.

I did a P-40E and most of a Judy (still painting -- might get done in time!), but otherwise I don't think I'd have focused too much on the Pacific Theater. It came up as a GB and I thought "that's cool" -- but my modeling tastes are wide and vary based upon the tide, time of year, movies I've seen lately, and any other factors.

So, while I enjoyed this GB, and while I'm glad you guys ran it for us all, I wouldn't want to see it run forever. There's only so much interest to go around for me, and I imagine others are the same way. Come back to a similar theme later if you get a jones for the PacAir 3.

Sorry guys but like some others have said - life just got in the way with this one. I'm especially peaved because I took part in the first PACAIR and had a blast and I'd love to take part in number 3. Anyway just let me know where to send the prize - nice work to all who completed.

Geoff