Like the interior!! Those Revell 53s are really spartan on interior. Did you check out the Revell 53 builds in the Helicopter Group Build? There are two of them and Harold and Dan are doing some great work. Harold's Dan's Different models, but they may give you some ideas.

I've been listening to the USAF museum podcasts and they have several that discuss the MH-53s and MH-60s. I am really thinking about starting my PaveLow after I finish my CH-53E. Can't get enough of those 53s. Just need some decent MH-53M decals, what are you going to do for decals?

Great work, keep us posted.

mason

Those two 53's are awsome and make me want to pick up my bird. As for decals...... I have noticed that most of the Pavelows have diferent markings, some have stencels and some don't. I think it's up to the paint shop and how lazy they feel on any particular day realy :deadhorse1: . I'm gonna hit up my spare, unused and neglected decal drawer for the markings as required. I have a tight budget and realy have no other option any way. lets see I can buy some gas.... or some decals that might kinda work. If there was an actual pavelow decal set.... I would be walking to work!

I glued the halves together. I can tell it's an old mold for sure. Alot of raised rivets are gonna be wiped out! I also built a new APU exhaust that I'm quite proud of. I need to find some batteries for my camera. The seam on the belly is a nightmare, but the windows are a dream.

Okay threw some paint on! I have a tragety though. some dust got on the inside of the windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I weathered the interrior some and didn't seal it up cause I was too darn lazy to mask the windows! :worship: Any ideas? You can see it in the pics. alot on the right windows. I still need to add some antennas and stuff. and touch up some masked areas. Almost done! Decals will be made up from the spares box! I have been gathering them for a while.

P1220120.jpg

You can see the dust in the windows!

P1220123.jpg

P1220128.jpg

I was thinking of using canned air maybe.

Good luck with the dust, you are making some nice progress. Your Pave Low is looking great!!! :woot.gif: The nicest thing is that you are doing it without a resin set, very impressive.

Of course, this build is causing me some frustration, I was thinking about starting a 48th F-15E, but now I really want to take a swing at my MH-53M. Very inspirational build.

mason

Edited by doupnik

Thank you for the replies. I think the Canned air aproach maybe the best. There is no way I can get a Q-tip of any kind in the cockpit! I want to throw this thing against the wall! This isn't the first time this has happened! I tapped every opening....except the APU exhaust I made. Maybe it can be desert dust added for realism! Yeah that's it. I feel better about it now.