1/35 NZLAV

Hi All

This is what I have been working on for the last few months:

DSCF0749BM.jpg

DSCF0748BM.jpg

Produced by Real Model, it's mainly a resin and p.e. conversion intended for the AFV Club Stryker.

Edited by DAR

I was working on the Canadian LAV 3 but I think I cut the plug off too high. I have about a 1mm area where the top meets bottom which I will have to fill with plastic strip. Can you show some pics of the rear and maybe explain how you did it as I am not having muvh luck figuring out how to put that together. BTW yours looks very sharp. Looking forward to more.

James

Hi guys, thanks for the comments.

James you might be OK yet, I had a similar problem with a gap between the upper and lower hulls:

DSCF0567a.jpg

The AFV Club rear hull plate requires some modification:

DSCF0571a.jpg

DSCF0582a.jpg

Some plastic needs to be removed first from the two top corners. Next, (I have see two methods used) either some from the top, or alternatively separate the angled part (where the ramp hinges are mounted) from the rest of the rear plate and then sand back both of the edges. Sand very little at a time and check frequently. You can see where from the position of the filler.

Hopefully nothing will come back to haunt me :deadhorse1:

HTH

• 3 weeks later...