Just finished Macross Frontier

I loved GITS:SAC myself, and that includes both the 2nd GIG and Solid State Society. Recently got around to watching Ghost Hound and Real Drive as well, both of which are also Shirow/Production IG collaborations based on some of Shirow's older ideas. Ghost Hound doesn't have mecha, but explores the implications of controlled out-of-body experiences; while Real Drive explores the consequences of the combination of mind-to-net connections and too much built-in caching in the infrastructure (among other weird stuff).

My favorite anime usually tends to be whatever anime I'm currently watching, then in between it reverts to a tie between GITS SAC and Gundam Wing. It was Strike Witches (Don't judge me!) and now its Shikabane Hime. Yes, I am a shallow person.

Yes, I do believe I've taken baths deeper than you.

Liking Gundam Wing and admitting to it is a bit like taking the fat girl to prom... whether you enjoy it or not, you don't advertise the fact, and you DESPERATELY hope your friends don't catch you with her, or they'll never live it down.

I'll spare you the verbal lashing for liking what arguably qualifies as the choad of the Gundam world... we all have guilty pleasures, I guess.

Edited by Skull Leader

Gundam...Wing? Wow...you need to get out more...

No wait, you need more REAL anime in your diet!

Go watch something cool and good at the same time. Here are my suggestions:

Wings of Honneamise

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

The Cockpit

Zipang

Rescue Wings

Tytania

Planetes

If you really must have Gundam, then I suggest Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory which is arguably one of the better ones out there. If you prefer grittier story then the 08th MS Team would be your best bet.

EDIT: Double post.

You mean Triple post! :D

I'm DL'ing Wings of Honneamise. I actually have a Evangelion (CORRECTION! Neon Genesis Evangelion is my favorite anime) artbook and Yoshiuki Sadamoto did some art for Wings of Honneamise.

just finished "Macross Frontier" yesterday as well. I watched non-stop from 8pm to 6am

I actually watched the original macross a year ago, so it helped explaining a lot.

----------------------------

I'm done with Evangelion as well, and I still have no idea what going on.

just finished "Macross Frontier" yesterday as well. I watched non-stop from 8pm to 6am

I actually watched the original macross a year ago, so it helped explaining a lot.

----------------------------

I'm done with Evangelion as well, and I still have no idea what going on.

It takes a couple (or four) goes to get what's going on.

Have to agree there :)

Now if we´re talking fav shows here i have a few to add:

Ergo proxy

Last Exile (an absolute must see )

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Demn almost forgot...Yukikaze!!!!!!!

Edited by Aigore

I just finished watching frontier and thought it wasnt bad.

My fav's are in order:

1.Macross DYRL

2.Macross Plus OVA

3.Macross Zero

4.Macross Frontier(Almost a tie with this and zero, but alas the one with the F-14's won)

5. Macross (Original Series)

6. Macross II

7.Macross 7 (BLAH!)

I just finished watching frontier and thought it wasnt bad.

My fav's are in order:

1.Macross DYRL

2.Macross Plus OVA

3.Macross Zero

4.Macross Frontier(Almost a tie with this and zero, but alas the one with the F-14's won)

5. Macross (Original Series)

6. Macross II

7.Macross 7 (BLAH!)

I'd have to put Frontier ahead of Zero because of the merciful absence of all the ooky-ooky-walla-wooky and because of Ranka-chan. But yeah, plus definitely is better. I haven't seen much of DYRL but I think it might...might tie with Plus for me. Haven't seen II but adore the Valk and have only ever seen 1/2 of one ep of 7. Will not watch more of 7 than that.

umm arnt you just trading out hair color? both the girls in zero and frontier (mao and ranka i believe?) were pretty much EXACTLY the same..

No, Ranka is alot older than Mao. And anyway it was meant or in sarcasm (though she is so cute! :thumbsup:

Sorry, I must be the late comer to this thread... but I LOVED Macross Frontier. I know there are tons of questionable things in terms of law of physics in all those machines, but hey, it is a sci-fi anime after all. I just accept it. Haha!

And speaking of songs, "Do you remember love?" (Ranka version) at the end of episode 24 was just ASTOUNDING!

No, Ranka is alot older than Mao. And anyway it was meant or in sarcasm (though she is so cute! :bandhead2:

I don't think he was necessarily implying their age (although they couldn't have been THAT far apart), but rather their general apperance and overall place within the story. Minus the hair color/style and outfits, they're pretty darn close. I *still* don't see how you think a girl with a hairstyle that gives her dog-ears is cute, unless you're into the furry thing... in which case we need to have a nice, long talk!

I don't think he was necessarily implying their age (although they couldn't have been THAT far apart), but rather their general apperance and overall place within the story. Minus the hair color/style and outfits, they're pretty darn close. I *still* don't see how you think a girl with a hairstyle that gives her dog-ears is cute, unless you're into the furry thing... in which case we need to have a nice, long talk!

Only with Renamon (oopsie, did I just say that out loud? :thumbsup:) No, I guess what really captivates me about Ranka is her voice. When Megumi Nakajima sings, her voice is just so beautiful, like I could listen to it forever. BTW, Mao is 11, Ranka 15-16. What really killed the final episode was the song spamming and that really flamboyant salute Alto gave them before he went and danced with Brera.

Edited by sv51macross
Only with Renamon (oopsie, did I just say that out loud? :bandhead2:) No, I guess what really captivates me about Ranka is her voice. When Megumi Nakajima sings, her voice is just so beautiful, like I could listen to it forever. BTW, Mao is 11, Ranka 15-16. What really killed the final episode was the song spamming and that really Ho*o salute Alto gave them before he went and danced with Brera.

That song spamming was no different than the series music remix at the end of the first Macross series during the big space battle. That whole bit was a nod to the original series but used music of a more modern nature. This time they used a Duet instead of one singer. Also its actually one song that is a medley of songs by both characters mixed in with some Do you Remember by Mari Ijima.

Speaking of Do you Remember. The Salute from Alto was a nod to the 1984 DYRL movie where Hikaru has a similar moment with Misa. Alot of Macross frontier is about recognizing what has come before it. I honestly recommend you watch more macross before making strong statements about things being "stupid" . Alot of them seem to be made from ignorance since you have not seen alot of the movies and series that are actually pretty integral to this show.

Altos final flight with Brera was again a reference to Max and Millia from the original series. They flew together so well that it seemed they were one unit. Alot of this is no surprise since the series had the same dogfight and combat animation director.

That song spamming was no different than the series music remix at the end of the first Macross series during the big space battle. That whole bit was a nod to the original series but used music of a more modern nature. This time they used a Duet instead of one singer. Also its actually one song that is a medley of songs by both characters mixed in with some Do you Remember by Mari Ijima.

Speaking of Do you Remember. The Salute from Alto was a nod to the 1984 DYRL movie where Hikaru has a similar moment with Misa. Alot of Macross frontier is about recognizing what has come before it. I honestly recommend you watch more macross before making strong statements about things being "stupid" . Alot of them seem to be made from ignorance since you have not seen alot of the movies and series that are actually pretty integral to this show.

Altos final flight with Brera was again a reference to Max and Millia from the original series. They flew together so well that it seemed they were one unit. Alot of this is no surprise since the series had the same dogfight and combat animation director.

Amen brotha.... bah, what do these young kids know these days? (sv51, I hope you take no offense to my sarcastic remark)

There were a LOT of connections between Macross Frontier and the original Macross series, although they added a good amount of twist to Frontier; I really thought Ozma was going to die when Michael died instead. Speaking of Ozma, they added a nice touch to the pineapple cake in connection to Roy Fokker.

Edited by raptor22