I'm starting this as an assist to those who come to South Korea, specifically Seoul. There are several shops around the city and I'm going to start a guide of sorts. Included will be directions on how to get to the shops, web sites, if they are available, and photos of the shops themselves.

Hobby Plaza. Located on the 5th floor of the ET Land building in the electronics market section of the city in Yongsan-Gu. They have a good selection of paints, tools, and other supplies. Good selection of recent kits. If you are looking for an older kit, you won't find it here. Also, slightly a little higher in overall prices compared to other stores.

Hobby Plaza Web Site

28Sep028.jpg

28Sep016.jpg

28Sep017.jpg

28Sep024.jpg

28Sep018.jpg

28Sep019.jpg

28Sep020.jpg

28Sep021.jpg

28Sep023.jpg

28Sep025.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW! Thank you for the information. ;) I have searched a couple of times for shops from out dated information. I managed to find the new location of Joy Hobby in the Techno Mart, but not much else. For those of us that don't read Korean, could you mention the nearest subway station?

Thank you again,

Gary

WOW! Thank you for the information. :lol: I have searched a couple of times for shops from out dated information. I managed to find the new location of Joy Hobby in the Techno Mart, but not much else. For those of us that don't read Korean, could you mention the nearest subway station?

Thank you again,

Gary

The No.1(deep blue line) and 2(green line) subway `SHIN-DO-RIM` station exit #2.

(joined an underground passage) `Techno Mart` 5F.

The No.1(deep blue line) and 2(green line) subway `SHIN-DO-RIM` station exit #2.

(joined an underground passage) `Techno Mart` 5F.

I was a little unclear in my haste - Joy Hobby is the one I know how to get to. :lol: Your directions are perfect and would have saved me quite some time as I went to the old location and started my search from there. I am still very open to other locations around Seoul.

Thank you,Much appreciated B)

Gary

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...