I've been working on this one pretty slowly. I decided to add it here because I'll have it done by the end of the year.

I'm going to use Flying Leathernecks 48-001 decals.

IMG_4105.jpgIMG_4106.jpgIMG_4107.jpg

I had a little mishap here. I had the tail assembly completed along with the strut but when I stored it in the box, it broke one day. Had to to a little bit of patching to make it look a little better.

IMG_4108.jpg

Dammit. I know it looks nasty. I'm working on it.

That and, I'm gonna wait until either, a)I get commissioned, b )I become an NCO or c) after my first deployment.

I want to put in a package for meritorious promotion to LCpl, but I'm not to sure how to.

Edited by Rasczak
I want to put in a package for meritorious promotion to LCpl, but I'm not to sure how to.

??? Long time since I was a boot but I don't recall us being able to put a package in for promotion. Did you help the Recruiter sign some cat up or worked something out? If so give them a call. On AD we would have boards for meritorious promotion but you didn't get to choose if you want to go. Your SNCO made the call who was ready and the best of the crew to go. From there you have to fight the rest on the way up and your score determines who goes on. Happened once a quarter, IIRC. I don't recall seeing or hearing about it the Reserves but then at that point it wasn't high on my list of things to do.

Fortunately your modeling skills are a bit better than your photography skills. :rofl:

I'm still working up the courage to build my $hitter. :D Perhaps once the "Nekkid Lady's" appear I be properly motivated.

Looking forward to seeing you finish this one........... or not.

Semper Fi,

Mark

Fortunately your modeling skills are a bit better than your photography skills. :worship:

I'm still working up the courage to build my $hitter. :) Perhaps once the "Nekkid Lady's" appear I be properly motivated.

Looking forward to seeing you finish this one........... or not.

Semper Fi,

Mark

Wow, two birds with one stone. Thanks.

:whistle:

It's sad how I can't think of any good comebacks.

I did buy one of those Tamiya paint stands today and I'll be damned if it didn't make life a lot easier.

Semper Fi,

Chris

Edited by Rasczak
IMG_4118.jpg

A little bit of progress. Moved to a new workspace so I'd have more room. Didn't realize how hard it was to work on a model in an apartment.

Dan, how does the color look on the interior?

Is that the new 53K rotor system that is copying the Russians system? :thumbsup:

I mixed a shade of grey today I think works much better than the other. It's closer to FS35237. That greyish blue color used on prowlers. It looks a lot better, but I'm not sure how close it is. I'll post some pictures tomorrow morning.

On another note, I found some liquid mask at the LHS. That stuff works great. I put it down on the portholes before I sprayed the inside of the fuselage again. The only thing I gotta work on is brushing it on a little more evenly. I haven't had much progress on anything else. Have a few of the smaller assemblies done. Most of it is just waiting for paint and a coat of future so I can assemble the fuselage and start on the outside stuff.

Before I glue it together, anyone have any suggestions from prior builds as to what a good approach would be to get it together?