My first AFV: 1/35 Tamiya Panzer IV ausf J

After taking a break from building things that fly Im building something that has tracks for a change. This is my first try on armor building. Im planning to give this as a gift to my brother in the Philippines, who happens to love german WW2 tanks.

No PE or aftermarket acc for this one. It'll be a straight OOB since I dont have that much knowledge with tanks. Here we go.

Obligatory picture of the box:

IMG_0051A.jpg

Gluing things together one by one:

IMG_0065.jpg

So far so good

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

After priming and a little bit pre-shading

IMG_0102.jpg

This is where I am now. After painting per instruction using Tamiya acrylic paints. Gluing the little bits and pieces.

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

Next will be putting the decals. Another shot of future with flat coat. And oh I forgot the cable stowage at the back and the machine gun at the top. Oh well, probably later after gloss coat.

Comments, opinion and suggestions are welcome. Thanks! :monkeydance:

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Well its finished. Except for the antenna at the back and top mounted machine gun placement (which will be assembled upon arrvl to destination) I decided not to place the tow cables. I went crazy deciding if I'll be using the thread supplied (too soft) from the kit or picture hanger wire (too stiff) so I decided to hold it off to do that on later builds. Weathering kept to minimum since the recipient wont have any diorama to place it onto. Decal placed, sprayed some tamiya smoke, washed with raw umber oil with lighter fluid. Gave it a shot with future with tamiya flat and 90% iso alcohol. Prior to putting this panzer into a sturdy box with foam all over I had the opportunity to shoot it (forgive the shadows, need to get more lamps).

Here she is:

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0065-1.jpg

Suggestions, opinions and comments are most welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Eric