1/32 su-27 ub flanker "zacto parts required ??"

Great demonstration Chris. As I expected when I was studying the earlier thread(s) there is a clear indication of copying by Trumpeter. Thanks for taking the time to show all of us the differences and I hope this settles it.

If you don't want aftermarket stuff, don't get aftermarket stuff, Zactoman and others work hard to produce quality goods. Their time and efforts, like everyone else's, is not cheap.

I like the look of the Su-27, and as far as I see it, Zactomans sets, make the trumpeter kit much more appealing to the eye.

My money ...when I can get some out of my back accont ....is on Zactoman products.

I am waiting for the new MiG 29K nozzles.

.............(~snippety-snip~)............

So it appears that the canopy is pinched and too pointy at the front end...And the IRST fairing is too small...

Unfortunately I have too many projects going on right now to make a correction...

Sorry.

Perhaps some day in the future...

Then there is another small discrepancy that would be much more difficult to fix

:cheers:

Sharp eyes Zactoman. The look of the forward fuselage is a good catch.

You have helped me narrow my choice a little for my next build :thumbsup:

This was on my list but I think I'll wait for "some day in the future" :coolio: until I attempt a "-UB" build.

Thanks for the heads-up.

FYI........

Great Models has the UB on sale for $113.40........I had to jump on it for that price! That is CHEAP as in like a little over 40% off SRP cheap!

Never thought I'd be touting a $100+ kit as cheap......lol.......oh well it's modern Soviet AND 1/32!

Order placed thanks dude!

And you will be getting an order If/When you correct the canopy, Zactoman. (along with Mig-29 nozzles and Radome that i plan on buying on payday here soon)

chris you are killing me here

The wrong front canopy kills me and the shape too

for the front side shape I will try to heat the front and remold at the right angle before painting

I have been trumpetered :salute:

honestly I do not feel like building it anymore I should concentrate on the single seat first

i am really upset now

got the zacto corection the aires weel bays and exhaust ready for it but still :(

it will be a nightmare to correct that side shape !!!!!!!! and nothing you can do about the canopy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

That winscreen, that windscreen...

I most definetely won't buy this kit in the near future (the reasons being 1. Not my scale. 2. Too big for our apartment. 3. Gotta invest on the upcomig kid), but I would have thought they would have learned something. They messed up with the windscreen (and canopy) on the first version (not to mention the other details), then they went on and messed up even more on the UB! Prior this I really didn't know that even the winsdcreen was way off.

It would be cool to have a big Flanker on my shelf, but how could I convince the future mother that I need a pile of plastic and resin for a couple of hundred euros instead of nappies and that the girl has to crap on its pants 'cause daddy wanted a new toy?

:)

chris you are killing me here

The wrong front canopy kills me and the shape too

for the front side shape I will try to heat the front and remold at the right angle before painting

I have been trumpetered <_<

honestly I do not feel like building it anymore I should concentrate on the single seat first

i am really upset now

got the zacto corection the aires weel bays and exhaust ready for it but still :crying2:

it will be a nightmare to correct that side shape !!!!!!!! and nothing you can do about the canopy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ghostkiller, Don get disheartened...Just take a day or two off and think of something else and then come back to your Build...

I am sure you will make it ..there is no need to rush it, is there.?...... and we are here to boost your morale so if youfeel frustrated etc then we will be here...

I am sure the zacto parts wil serve you well... :lol:

HOLMES :salute:

Hey........at least they LOOK more like Flankers than a ham sandwich does...........lol......

Chris sent you an email..........

Lifetime Member of the "I love Trumpeter Club"

Trumpeter - The model company for very, very, very, patient modelers...........

Edited by Firecaptain
Hey........at least they LOOK more like Flankers than a ham sandwich does...........lol......

Chris sent you an email..........

Lifetime Member of the "I love Trumpeter Club"

Trumpeter - The model company for very, very, very, patient modelers...........

at least the single seat will be outstanding

euh I hope so :worship:

I have been trumpetered <_<

i am really upset now

got the zacto corection the aires weel bays and exhaust ready for it but still :coolio:

it will be a nightmare to correct that side shape !!!!!!!! and nothing you can do about the canopy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I'm sorry I stole your joy... B)

Unfortunately I have too many projects going on right now to make a correction...

Sorry.

Perhaps some day in the future...

:whistle:

I love Zactoman's posts if for no other reason than all the "little shape details" I learn about planes from him. I (and others) consider myself a heck of a nitpicker, but I don't have half the eye for "shapes and contours" that Zactoman does--I'm envious.

PS--still waiting to buy YF-23 poster and 1/32 kit. ;) Best-looking plane ever designed.

Can someone post me the scheme of the unkrainian camo

both side and the top view

my internet researh came to nothing

the scheme below can be cool even if it is not an su-30

A single seat ukrainian + the UB as below could be a great idea

what do you guys think ?

image removed due to airliner.net copy right violation. You can only post links to Airliner.net webpages....not to the actual images.

Steve B

ARC Air Admin

You guys take the title "rivet counter" to a whole new level....
I assume you are talking about me again, so I'll respond...

Are you serious???

I just pointed out two very basic shape issues with the new kit. (Other than comparing my parts to theirs)

Have you read what other kits go through when they are released???

Even the Tamiya 1/32 F-16, perhaps the best kit ever produced, was criticized because one panel line was out of place.

If I were to actually "rivet count" this kit I'd lose count...

My money ...when I can get some out of my back accont ....is on Zactoman products.

I am waiting for the new MiG 29K nozzles.

Thanks Sukoi :cheers:

The MiG-29 nozzles are available when you are ready to order!

...and don't get me started on the 689 GvIAP decals in the UB kit. Mind you, they copied those wrongly as well.

No worries, you'll have some nice 1/32 decals for this kit in about 6 weeks.

http://www.lindenhillimports.com/lindenhilldecals.htm

:banana:

Any hints as to what markings will be on the sheet???

Any Ukrainian birds?

Any updates on Ukrainian markings for the single seater?

Can someone post me the scheme of the unkrainian camo
There are several nice pictures of Ukrainian two seaters on Airliners.net, though no good top views that I saw...
I agree with everything you say Chris - but just one small nitpick - and I am surprised at you !!!!!

You must be having an off day... :)

There is no such thing as a Su-27B....... :woot.gif:

It's a Su-27 Flanker B (the ASCC Reporting name).

Su-27, no suffix, pronounced 'Soo', not 'Ess You', capital S small u, first two letters of Pavel Sukhoi's last name.

Sorry Ken, I was just being lazy I guess. I knew it was "Flanker B" but abbreviated...

I can't however be persuaded to call it "Sue". That's just too feminine sounding (No offense Johnny Cash...). It will always be 'Ess You' to me...

You guys take the title "rivet counter" to a whole new level....

First off, Thanks for the compliment for us rivit counters, second I;m glad this thread got started. I now have the info needed to purchase another whole set of Flanker Products from Chris.

Jim

Edited by Hornet78
....They pushed me out of the market by copying my work...

Then you might consider creating a new market.. :banana:

I don't know why, but you are very strict about 32th scale. Why not 48th or even 72th. It is a fact that popularity of scales is 72>48>32. If you can consider doing these kind of babies for Academy kit or smaller scale you might make more money.

Of course these are the words of a person who never touch a mold. I have no idea how difficult to reduce the size of the molds... Look ebay... I guess Sol model didn't make as much as money that people have been making by selling his stuff on ebay.

I agree making a Su-33 is probably very difficult but why not su-30 and 35 derivatives?

P.S. one can tell I am not a 32 guy, hah ;) ? 1/48 rulezz :D

Then you might consider creating a new market.. :banana:

I don't know why, but you are very strict about 32th scale. Why not 48th or even 72th. It is a fact that popularity of scales is 72>48>32. If you can consider doing these kind of babies for Academy kit or smaller scale you might make more money.

Of course these are the words of a person who never touch a mold. I have no idea how difficult to reduce the size of the molds... Look ebay... I guess Sol model didn't make as much as money that people have been making by selling his stuff on ebay.

I agree making a Su-33 is probably very difficult but why not su-30 and 35 derivatives?

In order to "reduce the size of the molds" entirely new parts must be scratchbuilt by hand in 1/48.

;)

It is a fact that popularity of scales is 72>48>32

How in the world is 72nd the most popular???? You can't get a decal company to make decals in 72 due to lack of sales so how can they be the most popular. Like you I;m primerily a 48th builder but my 32nd collection has grown.

Jim