Wolfpak New Releases

Gents:

Here are scans of the instruction sheet artwork for the two latest sheets from Wolfpak Decals:

Sht.72-011

Four (4) sharkmouths from the Vietnam war; EC-121T, F-4E, RF-4C, and EB-66E. An Air America helicopter and alternate markings for the EB-66C Bat 2-1 and the first EC-121D to guide an air to air kill.

Sht. 72-012

An OP-2E from VO-67, Two (2) O-2's from the 23rd TASS painted black, Two (2) F-111A's one of which sank a Cambodian Gunboat during the Mayaguez rescue. One AC-119K, an EC-121R "BAT CAT" radio relay aircraft and the first F-100F Wild Weasel to kill a SAM site using a Shrike missile.

The price will be $16.00 USD and they should be on sale the week of October 27, 2008.

sht11instj.jpg

sht12instj.jpg

Mark

I have got to get these sheets!

I wish I had taken some shots of the nose art of the EC-121Ts.

Photos were tricky to take. You had to not be seen and not all aircraft had nose art.

scan0045.jpg

Cool subjects. I would like to do the O-2 FAC, but a quick search turns up no O-2 kits in 1/72. I'm assuming they are out there - anybody know what's available?

There's an Airfix kit, and an Arii one. I've built the Airfix one a few decades ago and have the Arii in the stash, and from memory the Airfix kit gets a slight nod as far as small details and ordnance are concerned.

If you have any specific questions on the Arii kit, I can pull it out of the stash after work if you'd like.

HTH,

Andre

Gents:

Thanks for the kind words.

The OP-2E was one of the least modified. Instructions to convert it from the Hasegawa kit will be in the packet. The two big items are removing the under fuselage radome and the MAD stinger. This aircraft in the photos I had did not have the additiomal chin radome.

I'll do O-1's if I can find pictures of them.

Mark

Great - and I mean great - releases.

We've needed more Air America subjects for quite a while now.

Any chance of a 1/144 release of the EC-121 markings for the Minicraft kit? And how about some Vietnam-era Navy EC-121s while you're at it?

Hey Mark, great selection of aircraft! You definately have a knack for finding interesting subject matter. With seven or eight Airfix O-2s in my stash, I'm particularly excited by the O-2 markings. I'll have to twist your arm to get markings for O-2s in the grey and European I schemes next!

If anyone is thinking of buying one and wants to defer their costs a little, I'd be willing to split one with someone. I'd be interested in the Air America Huey and O-2 markings - if someone doesn't want those but does want the other decals, let me know; I'm sure we could work something out.

ReiReiO..PM sent.

In case you haven't seen these, here's what finally happened to the EB-66s from the 42ndTEWS out of Korat.

scan0373.jpg

scan0370.jpg

scan0365.jpg

scan0361.jpg

scan0363.jpg

scan0362.jpg

scan0354.jpg

scan0355.jpg

This is how I found them when I had to transfer a prisoner from Korat to Clark A.B. in 1974

These aircraft were later buried at this spot. When I returned on my way home, I went out here again and the land was much higher.

Not Mark's decals, but here is another shark mouthed EB-66E:

Your model of 438 reminds me of a story about the real plane. It started life as a RB-66B-DL, and was assigned at Yokota Air Base, Japan in the late 50's. My father was AR/Crash Recovery, and had to help get 438 out of a ditch after a landing accident. It got repaired by a depot crew, but still had a slightly crooked nose. The depot engineer came up with instuctions on rigging the plane's flight controls, engine controls, etc with the nose in mind.

Fast forward to 1971, when Dad arrived at Korat. There was EB-66E 438 sitting by itself. Dad asked his new boss what's up with it, and boss said they were having no luck rigging the dang thing, Dad told them "I know what is wrong with it, and why it won't rig". He relayed the Yokota story, and his first job at Korat became getting 438 back in the air. He said he barely had time to inprocess.

Evidently the rigging info did not make it to Thailand with the plane. but Dad's story got enough wheels in motion that they dug and found the necessary info to get the crooked nose bird in the air.

I got such a good response asking if anyone wanted to split these new Wolfpak sheets that I was wondering if anyone wanted to split their 72-009, from which I want the CV-22 decals.

And seriously, Mr. Wolfpak, you need to do a 1/144 sheet with some of those EC-121, C-130, and P-3 markings on them. I'd even like to see your Vietnam F-102 in 1/144 for my Revell kit.

Also, did the O-2s on this sheet really not have the enlarged pilot's side main window like here?

n465df.jpg

Edited by ReiRei0

Gents:

I was asked why did I include the serial for the EB-66C BAT 2-1 on sheet 11. The answer is there are only 11 sheets of sheet 2 left. If you're interested in the subjects on that sheet other than BAT 21 I wouldn't wait much longer.

Mark

Gents:

Thanks for the kind words.

The OP-2E was one of the least modified. Instructions to convert it from the Hasegawa kit will be in the packet. The two big items are removing the under fuselage radome and the MAD stinger. This aircraft in the photos I had did not have the additiomal chin radome.

I'll do O-1's if I can find pictures of them.

Mark

Do the instructions include the canopy changes?

Matt :thumbsup: