I recieved a casting of the first kit i have ever mastered. Metal Gear Rex. This mecha has been around for 10 years and nobody has ever made a model of it. Well allow me to be the first. The model in these pictures is not completely finished. Some detail painting and weathering left to do. Also the caster didnt have time to cast up another set of foot spikes for me. He will be sending those shortly. Starship modeler has also expressed an interest in selling the kit in their store, so if you like what you see here than keep an eye out for it in coming months.. It has 71 parts and is multi pose so you can pick a pose you like and build it that way. The kit is 1/72 scale.

100_4317.jpg

100_4318.jpg

100_4319.jpg

100_4320.jpg

100_4321.jpg

100_4322.jpg

100_4323.jpg

100_4324.jpg

100_4325.jpg

Edited by HWR MKII

It isnt for sale yet. I have to draw up instructions for the kit still. Had to build one first to get a good order of assembly. It will be sold through Starship modeler when ready and ill post a link to it here when it is. Just getting awareness out there now.

The pose i built it in is about 7 inches tall but its a pick a pose kit so it can be made in a taller stance. The railgun on the right side is 11 inches long itself. I hope this gives you a good idea of the overall size. I have a Job interview to get to in a bit but i will be taking better shots when i get home. My build is missing 2 of the toe spikes but the production kits will have all 4. The caster hadnt had time to make the gang mold for more spikes so he just sent what he had. This model is made from the test casts he made to make sure he had his flow channels right for the resin. I think he got it.

Here he is (mostly) finished. Just the 2 missing toe spikes. The kit will have all 4 in it I decided on a slightly used feel for my finish. the 8 white dots on the face are drying microcrystal clear over the lights. I hope those interested in this like the kit. I will have instructions drawn in a week or 2 time depending.

100_4349.jpg

100_4350.jpg

100_4351.jpg

100_4352.jpg

100_4353.jpg

100_4354.jpg

100_4355.jpg

100_4356.jpg

100_4357.jpg

100_4358.jpg

• 2 months later...

Wow, that is just kick ***. I loved that game, and seeing this makes me want to pull it out & play it again, hahaha. Dont know if I could afford a kit, but I definitely wouldnt mind building one. Would probably look really cool to have the hanger gantry built up around it.

Wow, that is just kick ***. I loved that game, and seeing this makes me want to pull it out & play it again, hahaha. Dont know if I could afford a kit, but I definitely wouldnt mind building one. Would probably look really cool to have the hanger gantry built up around it.

All thats left on my end is the instructions. Lots of optional notes in it.

The kit could be built in the powered down/ standby mode so you could put the gantry around it if you like.

• 2 months later...

Man, Imissed this one!

wicked!!!!!!

that's absolutely fantastic....remember me of loooots of great moments while playing Metal gear solid on my good ol PSone....man,I gotta tears coming down my face LOL!!!

fantastic!!!

Cheers dude

PS:i might getta one of those....

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Metal Gear Rex will be making its sales debut at Wonderfest in Kentucky this weekend. It will sell in the area of 120 dollars. Once that is done any left over and all future sales will be through the starship modeler online store.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...