Diamond T 969A Wrecker

Hi guys. This is my first post in this forum of ARC. I usually build aircraft and some cars.

I want to build a model of a Diamond T Wrecker like one my grandfather drove in WWII. At this point the scale does not matter.

I checked the Great Models website and found the last ones they had in stock were in August of this year. I have sent them an e-mail asking if and when they may get these back in stock.

Do any of you know any other model stores (websites) that may carry a model of a Diamond T Wrecker. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joel

Edited by Tiger15

Joel, the only ones that I have come across are from Accurate Armour in the U.K. that do two types of Diamond T wreckers, hard top and soft top, although, these are all resin kits and are very expensive!..........but, just incase you are interested, here are the links, :D

http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct...mp;product=1393

http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct...mp;product=1395

As I said Joel, I don't know much about what is availiable for a Diamond T kit, these are the only ones I can recall in my travels.

They look like outstanding kits, but as I mentioned, very, very expensive!

Cheers,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler

Jeff,

Thanks for the links. The price is pretty steep. It sure looks like a darn fine kit though. The details look amazing.

Have you or anyone else dealt with Accurate Armour before?

Joel

Jeff,

Thanks for the links. The price is pretty steep. It sure looks like a darn fine kit though. The details look amazing.

Joel

I have. Excellent quality. Fast shipping and if a part is missing or rendered unuseable in transit they will replace it ASAP. My wife ordered their 1/15 Scimitar for me while i was in the Mid east. I got it in 2 weeks. That was from them to her then her to me so i know she got it really fast. It was missing its turret bin. she had that sent right to me and i got it in 7 days.

Jeff,

Joel

Yes I have Joel, about three times, and as HWR MKII stated, they are excellent!......but I am only going on my experience with them.

Any post I read about them asking what they are like, always seem to have a lot of positive comments.

If you like, post a question on Missing Lynx or one of the Armour sites to get some feedback, they would be the best places to ask, but I'm sure the replies will be pretty positive.

Also, each time I ordered something, I always just phoned the order through, I have no experience with ordering over the Net with them.

Cheers,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler