The Raptor is coming!!!

Take her easy there, everybody. $69.99 is MSRP, which means although it's going to still be a pricey devil, it won't be quite that much. We'll have to see what happens when it hits Sprue Bros. and others.

jb

oh good, another Raptor kit - zzzzzz

Much as I like modern military aircraft of all types, I just don't get the appeal of the Raptor - it's as dull as dishwater. No interesting versions, no interesting weapons fits, no interesting markings... and it's ugly as sin!

I agree with Josh. the MSRP is never the actual sale price. they just boost it up so the retailers can claim they are giving you a good deal. It will probably be priced about the same as a hasegawa kit. if the accuracy lives up to their claims it will probably be worth the money. if not, you will probably see the price fall quickly. most people that would spend that much for a kit will do their homework before buying

I just don't get the appeal of the Raptor - it's as dull as dishwater. No interesting versions, no interesting weapons fits, no interesting markings... and it's ugly as sin!

I don't find the F-22 a particularly interesting subject for a model (for all the reasons you point out), but I think it's a notable aircraft in the evolution of fighter technology. For that reason I'll probably build only two (in 1/72 and 1/48) until such time that we see some variations on the paint scheme.

I don't find the F-22 a particularly interesting subject for a model (for all the reasons you point out), but I think it's a notable aircraft in the evolution of fighter technology. For that reason I'll probably build only two (in 1/72 and 1/48) until such time that we see some variations on the paint scheme.

That's my problem too. Kind of the same deal with the F-117, after you build one and paint it black you're done. Where as my Navy planes and older Air Force planes are a blast with their different variations.

I'm in for a couple. My time behind the work bench has been pretty minimal over the past few months, but I've been feeling the burn to get building. Maybe it's the change in the seasons, but this annoucement has added fuel to the fire.

Brian

The raptor might be ugly, but it makes up for it with an interesting 3-tone metallic grey scheme and a ton of super detailing potential with an opened weapons bay.

Cheers,

Terry

I was thinking the same thing with the open bay. I may be in the minority here, but I dont think the Raptor is totally ugly, and of course you can make up your own what if schemes. Maybe an Arctic Viper type aggresor scheme? Or maybe some type of scheme with different grays. I dont know. After a few hours in the old cubicle my mind runs wild.

Edited by mike_45