1/48 USA/USMC H-34 Decals?

That would be us, Flying Leathernecks Decals.

No set date for release, but they are coming. Perhaps if enough interested was shown by responses and/or emails they would be pushed up. Unfortunately, the last time I posted images only a handful of people showed any type of interest, so they got pushed back. There would be more options as well.

Dave

UH-34DHMM-362Profiles-1.jpg

UH-34Profilespart2.jpg

Dave,

I've got shots of all of the stenciling on the H-34 at the Udvar Hazy Center if you want em. Got plenty of Army schemes too, including Armed H-34s. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure the gunship H-34 was a joint Army/Marines program that got overtaken by technology. There seem to be a couple Marine birds in the photos I've got. I'll see what I can dig out.

One of my two H-34s will be built in Marine colors. The other'll be one hell of an Army Gunship!

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian
Does the Pope wear a funny hat?

Of course I'll take them!

With regard to the Army birds........won't do them. However, perhaps Floyd at Werner's Wings or Joseph at Fireball will entertain them.

Dave

Aww come on... just cuz they're better paint schemes? :deadhorse1:

I've got a lot of things in the works anyhow. Maybe I'll even get to producing a decal sheet someday!

I'm TDY in JST right now, but will be home tomorrow night. Will add it to the to-do list.

Jon

Dave,

I've got shots of all of the stenciling on the H-34 at the Udvar Hazy Center if you want em. Got plenty of Army schemes too, including Armed H-34s. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure the gunship H-34 was a joint Army/Marines program that got overtaken by technology. There seem to be a couple Marine birds in the photos I've got. I'll see what I can dig out.

One of my two H-34s will be built in Marine colors. The other'll be one hell of an Army Gunship!

Jon

Jon you are correct , both services had a 34 gunship program. let me re-iterate my interest in this sheet Dave. whenever you get it out.

semper fi

Dan

Dave, Thanks for the reply. Will be ordering a sheet from you upon its release. I had two kits long ago and sold them both. Two weekends ago, I found one at a local estate sale for the princely sum of $10.

Regards, Rob

:beer4: Damn lucky Ba$tard!!!

semper fi

Dan

Dave, if the 1/48 kit were readily available for retail, you know most modelers would be all over this release! The way I see it, these decals are only going to pertain to the lucky few who have 1 or 2 kits stashed away from waaay back, or are willing to pay around $100 on ebay for one. I know as far as my collection goes and what I've bought & traded for... the 1/48 H-34 is perhaps the rarest helo kit out there.

Andy

Have to agree, now if we could get someone to do this kit again in 1/48th, I would like Army decals myself

Just an FYI before you issue (or print) these decals - the molds for the Revell H-34/Wessex were damaged beyond repair several years ago. That's why the kit has never been reissued. This information isn't rumor, but came straight from the source at Revell. They'd have loved to reissue it, but had to recycle the steel, so there will never be any more of them.

J

That information is irrelevant with regard to getting a decal sheet printed. To date, there are no aftermarket USMC decals for this helo in any scale and there are plenty of modelers that have the kits in their collection (both the Revell 48th and Italeri 72nd kits).

Besides, the Revell molds being damaged doesn't prevent a new tooled kit from being released by anyone else at any time in the future.

Dave

Yea...what he said...

What you what are you waiting for? I would suggest a combo scale sheet. Make it happen.