Does anyone have an extra Hornet upper fuselage?

Hi all

Recently traded for a 1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18D, and opened the box up to find that the tips of the wings were broken (the little part of the missile rail that is actually molded onto the wing) This would not have been a big deal at all, just a little glue and a swipe of the sanding stick, except that the bag was sealed, and the broken parts were not in the bag!

DragonUSA said it would be 6-8 weeks before they might be able to get a replacement for me. So, I wonder if anyone on here has an extra one from a parts kit or something they could spare. I'd gladly pay a bit or trade something for it if you wish. It can be from a Charlie or Delta kit, as I believe they are both the same.

Thank's guys.

Aaron

Doubt you will have much luck unless someone has junked one, but givent the price of the kit, unlikely. Your best bet would be to glue some strip on and sand the ends a little rounded. It's a very simple shape and will be all but hidden by the wingtip LAU-7s when completed anyway.

Thank's for the tip Craig. If I can't find one in a reasonable amount of time, I'll try and scratch it. But, since I have no supplies and a limited amount of skill anyways, I thought I'd give this a try.

Aaron

Edited by strikeeagle801

I'd say a good 50% of the Hornet kits in my stash have that same problem, but the piece is usually in there somewhere... I echo the comments that a squared strip of plastic sanded down a bit is an easy fix. Wait until the missile rails are attached and it's even easier.

Good luck,

brian

Aaron,

If no one has a spare I will cut mine off for you. It's the least I could do. Just PM me your addy again.

Ryan

I am in no way blaming you at all Ryan, and hope I did not come across that way. I don't want you to "sacrifice" one of your kits over this. I'll wait the six to eight weeks to get the part from Dragon if I have to. I'm not going to get to it for a while anyways, not with a 1/32 Viper and 1/48 Strike Eagle on the bench and a second baby coming on Monday. I was just hoping someone had a scrap kit lying around. It was worth a try.

@ Brian

I've checked everywhere, and the part just pain isn't there. The little sprue they put around that part to protect it is, but not the part. Kinda wierd huh?

Like I said, I'll either wait for the part or try and scratch it.

Aaron

Yep. Already sent it off to Dragon in my E-mail. Did you want me to post it here for some reason? Or were you wondering/suggesting that I send it to Dragon if I had not already done so? If so, thank's for the pointer. Luckily I've dealt with them on a similar issue before (bought an F-16CJ with no HARM sprues) and learned that I need pics and such from that experiance.

Aaron