Militaries in the GB

Should military passenger planes be allowed in the GB?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Yes/No

• Yes
    • No

I won't be in this GB, but if I had one I would do a 707 as a CC-137 of the Canadian Armed Forces. Always loved that paint scheme and it was the first passenger plane I ever flew in.

Wait, I was out, then I was in, then I was out. Is my MATS Connie back in again?

I hope so. You can't let us down now! You and your Connie are the rallying cry for getting military airliners included in the build.

You're real name isn't Joe the Plumber is it? Hmm. "Joe the Connie builder."

Edited by Ed Nirel

We just had to dabble in the gray areas didn't we? I'm all for having fun and building what you want, airliners are under represented enough as it is. Besides... when's an IL-76

RAF_Il-76.jpg

...not an IL-76?

il76cair.jpg

Why, when it's an.... I-76, of course.

Confused? ...Yeah? Good, me too :lol:

Guys,

Why not use the broader term of TRANSPORT GB to simplify what is eligble? :P

Anything that is primarily used to move people, cargo or both and is a transport. :salute:

Scott.

Well, I think there is concern about crossing too far over into the "trash haulers" group build that is set up to begin in January. I think that the spirit of this group build is all about passenger carriage and the planes that were designed to do just that. I understand where you're coming from, though as even the definition of the big passenger planes puts them in the "transport" category. Again, I think the spirit of this build is bright, shiny, people movers.

We just had to dabble in the gray areas didn't we? I'm all for having fun and building what you want, airliners are under represented enough as it is. Besides... when's an IL-76

RAF_Il-76.jpg

...not an IL-76?

il76cair.jpg

Why, when it's an.... I-76, of course.

Confused? ...Yeah? Good, me too :salute:

Very cool, and definitely something that would fit in with the "trash haulers" group build.

Q.

So would that mean Delta Airlines L100-20 Herc. would be a no-go?

Brendon

As much stink as I've made about getting military stuff included, I think that this example would be better suited in the trash haulers group build. But, that's JMHO.

Yes, but would something like a FedEx MD-11 be an airliner or a Trash Hauler?

Well, since the MD11/MD10 was originally designed to be a passenger carrying machine, it would be included, in my opinion.

I would have to also say that the KC-10, while originally designed to be a passenger carrying machine, has crossed the line into the weapons platform arena and would not be included in with the airliner theme (though the white and blue version is cool). Just like the 707: the VC-137 yes; the E-3 no.

Again, the mods will be the final authority and I'm just voicing my opinion.

Edited by Ed Nirel

Sorry about all the changes.

This poll will most likely determine what will happen. As for transport aircraft, I will have to say no. If they are full time passenger aircraft and are no longer in service with the airline, then its fine.

STILL waiting for the thread.

OHH Well, Looks im going to have to wait for the trash hauler GB then

Brendon

It's really not that far away. Starts 1 Jan 09. I'm guessing the airliner group build won't start until after the trash hauler one starts.

Edited by Ed Nirel

My Connie is ready to go. To bad it was not open to more than GBNF. I have many cool decals for airliners. But they are still flying. I want to build whats in my stash. My Connie is the only thing for GBNF. Lets Go :cheers:

I voted yes.

Whilst my current plans are for 2 GBNF Classic jets - in commercial service, I have built this military airliner.

Douglas VC-9C Air Force One from the Airfix DC9-30 kit.

AirfixVC9C.jpg

I think you'll have to be careful about definitions though, to avoid pulling in combos, freighters, and transports.

If it starts!

Can anyone get admins attention? I've tried numerous PMs.

I know how to get the Mod's attention!

Just keep compromising on the subject matter until it's all Military, and you'll not only get the Mod's instant approval, but have hoards of Military builder participants as well! You know, the same old same old. B)

The original idea was for an "Airliner" GB; cool, but then it was narrrowed down to those that are no longer flying, and now will include civilian acft in Military service? Civilian Air Commerce covers a huge spectrum of aircraft and companys, with a rich past AND present history, with many more miles/hours logged than ANY Military platform, so why should it be compromised or polled away at all?

2 cents for the gumball machine.

Frank :cheers: