Anyone in here use Vallejo paints? I have a few bottles and am considering using them in an airbrush. I like the fact that they are non toxic and have no scent whatsoever. If I were to thin the paints out, what kind of medium should I use? Also, what type of chemical should I use to clean the airbrush out afterwards?

I've just sprayed (yesterday) some Vallejo Color (not the Model Air) - I found it needed a LOT more thinner than I'd expected, and I also used a few drops of retardent.

Even then, I found the best approach was to put a very small amount of paint in the airbrush and clean it out with running water every 5 or 10 minutes to stop the paint drying.

Somewhat painful...but I think it worked out ok...

I've just sprayed (yesterday) some Vallejo Color (not the Model Air) - I found it needed a LOT more thinner than I'd expected, and I also used a few drops of retardent.

Even then, I found the best approach was to put a very small amount of paint in the airbrush and clean it out with running water every 5 or 10 minutes to stop the paint drying.

Somewhat painful...but I think it worked out ok...

What kind of retardant were you using?

I have switched almost exclusively to Vallejo Model air paints and I add a drop or two of Liquitex Flow Aid Fluidificant and I add a few drops of Future. This allows the paint to flow better and when dry it is very hard. Air pressure is an issue, I use 8 to 10 psi and build the paint in thin almost transparent coats. If you lay it on the way you would paint enamels it will cure on the surface almost instantly but take weeks to dry completely. when it does dry it will not be as hard. I have never had problems with Model Air clogging the tip on any of my airbrushes. I clean up with Windex. I sometimes use Badger or Createx Airbrush cleaner.

If you use Vallejo Model Color you will definetly have to thin it a lot and you need to add retarder or it will clog the brush during extended painting sessions.

Gary