Need help identifying a conceptual aircraft

No, terrorists in sheep's clothing.

(FYI, it is a raid on drug smugglers in the drawing. Those "sheep" are poofs of dirt.)

Drew, the issue was December 2000 of Popular Mechanics. I found an online link to the article here: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology...266.html?page=1

The artist's concept aircraft was dubbed 'V-44.'

Andy

Ok, thanks for identifying that. Love to see that in action though...

Whatever it is, it looks really cool. :woot.gif: Now, let's see, I'd need two V-22 kit and for the fuselage, hmmm, maybe a C-160?

Very interesting article! :woot.gif: Wonder if they'll ever produce such a big tilt-rotor.

The cut-away drawing on page 2 looks like they stuck the nose of a C-160, some airliner's rudder and the wings of two V-22 onto a CH-47! :lol:

Baaaader Meinhof ??

:rofl: Firekin' 'ell, that was awesome! :thumbsup:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

you know, those counting sheep always did seem suspicious. I mean, what were they counting? were the numbers really some sort of secret code? i'm all for blasting them. :)

so is anyone thinking of doing a what-of of this thing? it's pretty cool looking, just not sure how the blades transition without smacking one another.

Bill