1/35 M2A2 in progress

In between building aircraft, I'll find some time to slap some targ... I mean armour models together. So here's my Bradley which I've been building on and off for some time.

P1030492.jpg

P1030493.jpg

P1030494.jpg

P1030495.jpg

P1030498.jpg

Here are a few good men which I might do up and display with the Bradley.

P1030532.jpg

Nice looking Bradley, great weathering and chipping. The figures look great as well, what set are they from. Nice poses and it’s nice to see an Afro American in the mix…something you rarely see. Will you be adding it into a dio.

Happy Modeling,

Joe

@Helo Dud: Yup, I'll be adding the figures to a dio. They're actually from a Dragon set called Modern US Marines I think. They gear they use is similar to those of the US Army so I guess they'll be able to pass off as Army.

@Benner: The kit was pre-shaded using black and sandy brown was used as the main coat. Chipping was then added using dark grey. I didn't want to chip it too much because from the reference pictures I've seen, modern armour paint doesn't chip off much too. Weathering was done using an oil wash mix of burnt umber and black. It was thinned down and streaked downards following the path that rain water would most likely follow. The thinned wash also clung onto the details of the kit like bolts and panel lines during this process. On horizontal surfaces, the wash was dabbed on using an old brush. Following this, the whole vehicle was dry-brushed with buff to enhance the raised details like the bolts. The caked sand in the tracks was done using Mig pigments mixed in turpentine and applied with an old brush.

After I get the stowage painted and attached, I will air-brush an overall coat of buff to give it the sandy-desert look.

Mark

@Benner: The kit was pre-shaded using black and sandy brown was used as the main coat. Chipping was then added using dark grey. I didn't want to chip it too much because from the reference pictures I've seen, modern armour paint doesn't chip off much too.

Mark

Hi Mark, love your Bradley - excellent weathering very nice build. You're right about excess weathering armour on modern of-course, but there are exceptions and I'm busy with an Abrams and this is my subject....

M1A1Abrams01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...