i am new to modelling airplanes but enjoying it!

Hi all - as the topic title suggests - i have just begun to 'learn' about modelling airplanes - here are a couple of links to the first two i have done since i was about 7 yrs old -

originally posted on a 1/32 slot car blog that i run - i am currently doing up pieces for a larger race diorama / slot track - and jumped at the opportunity to add some airplanes for a nearby 'air show' - also in the works a large 1/32 train back drop with a hudson steam locomotive and a series of auto carrier cars

but back to the planes - forgive my historical 'inaccuracies' - i like to keep the 'vintage toy feel' on some of my stuff - and decided to do 'what if' colors that suited my fancy - loosely based on some i had seen in reference

hobby-craft fokker dr1 - i did up the full interior and modified some old slot car figures i had to create a removeable pilot (i will cast / clone him for my other ww1 planes too). I still have the rigging to do - and will likely do another fokker in one of the red baron liveries - but no rush ... as my last name is actually Baron, first initial R. i heard my share of red baron jokes / nicknames over the years!!!

1/32 fokker dr1

hobby-craft nieuport 17 - again as above - fictitious paint scheme and removeable pilot, rigging yet to do

1/32 nieuport 17

i really enjoyed these - they are a nice size to work with in 1/32 - especially for a beginner! and build up very nicely in my opinion.

i have a couple of the re-released hobby-craft sopwith camels to add as well - then will likely hang them all in a nice dynamic mobile of sorts

anyhow thanks for your time!

regards, Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ron,

Just found your thread....the Fokker DR1 and Nieuport 17 are AMAZING..

Your work on them shows how you like the deatils and love the Diorama that goes with them...

The figures are tremendously exquisite to look at ... they give a realistic feel to your models..

GREAT stuff....

HOLMES. :whistle: :wub:

• 4 weeks later...