• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heres my finished Mirage, and my first and only contribution to this GB as of right now:

Mirage # 45, 117th Tayaset, 1967. This is the Eduard 1/48 kit built totally OOB. Paints are Alclad shades. The kit is very nice but not without its troubles.

Total Construction time: About 35 hours

Total Contruction Days: 39

Here are the pics!

IMG_9353Edit1A.jpg

IMG_9355.jpg

IMG_9349.jpg

IMG_9354.jpg

IMG_9377.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I made it with a month to spare!

Here is my IDF F-16A Netz with markings of "The Flying Dragon Squadron". According to the IsraDecal instructions, this squadron operates as an Aggressor squadron and trains all IAF squadrons. Ok, I just like the tail markings! I had bought the WolfPack resin update for this build but the resin nose was undersized and it turns out that this bird does not have the additional flare buckets. So, those are put away for future use. I did use a True Details ejection seat and Steel Beach intake cover. Since the WolfPack resin nose did not fit, I added some styrene strips and used a needle point for the AOA sensors. The green is to dark for this scheme but I'm calling it done and am happy to have an IDF bird in the dispay case.

F-16AIDFDone8.jpg

F-16AIDFCockpit2.jpg

F-16AIDFCockpit3.jpg

F-16AIDFDone2.jpg

F-16AIDFDone7.jpg

F-16AIDFDone1.jpg

F-16AIDFDone11.jpg

F-16AIDFDone4.jpg

F-16AIDFDone10.jpg

F-16AIDFDone9.jpg

Thanks,

Rodney

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
And now for something different. Here's my completed Grumman Widgeon of the IDF. Started with the Airfix 1/72 Grumman Gosling/Widgeon.

Ed

Hi Ed!

A Great Looking Little Anigmatic IDF Bird... :thumbsup:

But I Was Wondering Though... How Could You Accomplish The Full Color Scheme, When There Are Only A Few Decent Photos Of The Israeli Bird (And In One Of Those She Is Even Skwashed After A Crash In The Sea Of Galilee, And The Other Photos Are Too Blurry To Show The Full Scheme)?

I Myself Have This Bird For Building As An Israeli Bird Too... That Is Why I Wonder... :nanner:

Leo

Hi Ed!

A Great Looking Little Anigmatic IDF Bird... :bandhead2:

But I Was Wondering Though... How Could You Accomplish The Full Color Scheme, When There Are Only A Few Decent Photos Of The Israeli Bird (And In One Of Those She Is Even Skwashed After A Crash In The Sea Of Galilee, And The Other Photos Are Too Blurry To Show The Full Scheme)?

I Myself Have This Bird For Building As An Israeli Bird Too... That Is Why I Wonder... :soapbox:

Leo

Leo,

To be honest, with only a few photos and one profile drawing, I had to "guess" what the full pattern might have looked like. So it's possible that there may be some differences between what the real bird looked like and the model. But then again, I haven't seen any photos that contradict what I did.

<_<

Ed

Hi Guys

Here is my contribution to the Group Build. I am still thinking about maybe adding an ECM and a python to it (don't want to overload the old bird :D ), we will see. Anyways on to the pics. I might post some more in the critique corner

gb.jpg

gb1.jpg

gb3.jpg

gb4.jpg

gb5.jpg

gb6.jpg

gb7.jpg

gb8.jpg

gb9.jpg

Rob

Just in time..as usual, F-15I Ra`am of 69 Squadron `The Hammers`. Revell/Hase 72nd base kit with mods.

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

I`ve had a real good time, and I`ve met a whole bunch of good guys here, nice one and thanks. :whistle:

Cheers, Ian

Edited by Ian Buick

All,

Sorry, but I can only get 1 Picture up for now (internet connection problems), I'll have a bunch more on Monday, promised.....so stay tuned.

I had a blast with this build and you guys. This kit was fun to put together and I am happy to add it to my shelf....once I find a place.

Here she is; the Entebbe Raider:

Pictures005.jpg

Hi all,

It was a real enjoyable GB. We ended up with more completed builds in three months than sometimes are seen in six month GB, and considering this took in Xmas holidays when time is short for some, I think the effort has been excellent from us GB`ers. We`ve earned a drink or twelve! :) :rolleyes::woot.gif:

Some guys didn`t taxi their finished builds onto the runway so here is the list I have. It is in no particular order, and please post if I left you out or made any errors.

Phantom..............F-4E Kurnass (48th)

Jonathan Lotton....Mirage IIIc (48th)

Rodney................F-16 A Netz (48th)

TF51GregWise......Mirage IIIc (48th)

Marlin..................Vatour (48th)

ed s.....................Widgeon (72nd)

grobber................F-4E Kurnass (48th)

Ian Buick..............F-15I Ra`am (72nd)

JeskiM..................C-130 Hercules (72nd)

Thundergrunt........F-15D Baz AUP (48th)

VG 33...................Avia S199 (72nd)

nickdanger............MiG-21 Defector (72nd)

It`s been fun guys, see you around the bars sometime.

Cheers, Ian

Edited by Ian Buick