Hello all this will be my entry to this Group Build. I will be Building this F-15D as A/C 979 (Ex-USAF 80-0136)" Beating Wings" of the 133 Tayset at Tel Nof AB it is a Mig Killer x3 with Navigator Zvi Lipishitz

10-Jun-82 Yoram Peled/Zvi Lipshitz F-15D 979 MiG-21 Syria Python 3

24-Jun-82 Joel Feldschuh/Zvi Liphshitz F-15D 979 MiG-23 Syria Python 3

24-Jun-82 Joel Feldschuh/Zvi Liphshitz F-15D 979 MiG-23 Syria Python 3

100_3060.jpg

Edited by ThunderGrunt

Well got a little work done today, and a little change. I found out that the IAF F-15's used Escapac ejecyion seats and not AcesII seats, and I decided against the Aeries cans for this Build I want to try a OOB build so here is what i have so far, just the Cockpit stuff and the Burner Cans, my lowere fuselage was damged so I am awaiting replacement. along with my munitions. so just a little bit for now.

100_3062.jpg

100_3064.jpg

100_3066.jpg

Cans Finished except for Flat and wash

100_3067.jpg

100_3069.jpg

Nice Cans Thundergrunt.

Is that Alclad or something else?

I don't own an airbrush so I'm not so fond of metallic coulors so I'm hoping for something brushable. :whistle:

Keep up the good work.

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden

Bosse

It is Alclad Jet Exhaust undercoat with Pale Burnt Metal top coat and the Tamiya Burnt Blue and Orange on the rings with an over brushing of gun metal. I have brushed alclad befor but it takes multiple coats to look ok but you do get alot of varitions in color by brushing it also MM Metalizer.

Bosse

It is Alclad Jet Exhaust undercoat with Pale Burnt Metal top coat and the Tamiya Burnt Blue and Orange on the rings with an over brushing of gun metal. I have brushed alclad befor but it takes multiple coats to look ok but you do get alot of varitions in color by brushing it also MM Metalizer.

Aaha !?

So maybe Alclad is brushable afterall?.

Next time in the hobby shop I pick up a couple of bottles.

Thanks for the tip.

/Bosse

Love the cans also!

I`d be wary about the seats though. Baz used to use Escapac but standardized on Aces II. It`s worth checking, but I think since the Baz AUP all machines so upgraded will be flying with Aces II.

I`m not certain as to this fact but have a feeling this is the case. I`ll have a quick check of my reference, maybe someone else could tell us for certain?

Cheers, Ian

Ian you're right - all F-15 use ACES II seats. But the change didn't happened in the AUP transformation process but a few years earlier - circa 1993.

ThunderGrunt - the Hasegawa cockpit's aren't accurate. They lack MFDs in the WSO office. Look at the Isradecal book for excellent photos of the cockpit.

Rkic

It's actually going to be a D model BAZ. didn't mean to pull the blanket down over the eyes.

No worries. This GB is a learning experience for me in terms of IAF terminology and aircraft taxonomy :)

Some amazing work thus far. Those afterburners look like real metal.

Keep it up

• 2 months later...

Alright Here are some updates after awhile, I hope I wil finish on time but I am not to proud of the Fit. The Cft's were warped and needed alot of work to get where they are, Also I scratch built the rear Ip as it is totally differrnt than a US B/D/E so that took a bit, and the Ordnace is in the works, also this was the First time I tried the take out the Seam Line method and I am Happy eith it. so here are the Pics.

100_3324.jpg

100_3330.jpg

100_3325.jpg

100_3328.jpg

100_3331.jpg

100_3335.jpg

100_3338.jpg

100_3339.jpg

100_3333.jpg

100_3411.jpg

Man Im trying, I got all the Ordnace painted this AM And Reday to Hang on the Pylons, I making the Pitots for the Seats, I put final touches on the Burners, going to weather the landing gear, Today, finish the Camo and future her on Thursday. then Decals and final assembly on SAT that is the Plan.