Nice one. It looks like you're having a lot of fun with this build. Always a good sign that a build is going well when the figures get names :wub:

:whistle: It`s true, this Revell(Hasegawa) Eagle is going together sweet. More shennanigans to come no doubt.

Tonight, I blocked off the arrestor hook gap between the engines and built up the tail assemblies.

It is worth noting that Israeli Ra`am have no electronics pod atop either tail unit, fortuneatly this kit provides three tails (one with, two without) so that the desired version is easily modelled.

111d.jpg

Cheers, Ian

The arrestor hook on The Ra`am has no shroud so this must be removed from between the engines, from both fuselage halves (circled in red)

A scratchbuilt hook will be added later.

Thanks Ian for that information. I wasn't aware of that.

You've done some great work on your Ra'am.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden

Ian,

So the Revell kit is a re-box of Hasegawa? Is it the old or newer tooling?

Btw, nice detail on the "pit".

Cheers SPECR, :worship:

and yes, it is the newer tooling, absolutely miles ahead of anything else, not perfect, but miles ahead.

Thanks Ian for that information. I wasn't aware of that.

You've done some great work on your Ra'am.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden

Thanks Bosse, but I am having nothing like the hard work you are getting with your Vatour. I`m really enjoying seeing you transform that monster kit. Nice one :shoot:

Cheers all,

Ian :worship:

Thanks Bosse, but I am having nothing like the hard work you are getting with your Vatour. I`m really enjoying seeing you transform that monster kit. Nice one ;)

Cheers all,

Ian :cheers:

Thanks Ian, your support is one of the thing that keeps me going.

:beer4:

Bosse

Cheers Bosse :lol:

My weekend didn`t altogether go as planned but I have made a start to the subject of this thread`s quick quiz.

Anyone guess what it is yet (I`m not sure myself right now :D )?

I`ll be back tomorrow night (GMT) with more progress.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Cheers all, Ian

:deadhorse1:

Cheers Bosse :blink:

My weekend didn`t altogether go as planned but I have made a start to the subject of this thread`s quick quiz.

Anyone guess what it is yet (I`m not sure myself right now :) )?

I`ll be back tomorrow night (GMT) with more progress.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Cheers all, Ian

:doh:

Could that be the mounting plate for the Elta pod ?

/Bosse

Could that be the mounting plate for the Elta pod ?

/Bosse

Good guess but nope! My build had it`s first (minor) reverses tonight and I had to rethink my `Special Project`. However, it is now back on track and is slightly further forward.

aa1.jpg

The day is done, and the some of the crew goof off with models of their own

Cheers all, Ian :P

Good guess but nope! My build had it`s first (minor) reverses tonight and I had to rethink my `Special Project`. However, it is now back on track and is slightly further forward.

aa1.jpg

The day is done, and the some of the crew goof off with models of their own

Cheers all, Ian :whistle:

That is so COOL :P

I love your humor.

Keep it up.

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden

Evenin` all :D

I did the filler work on the Ra`am and was stunned at how little was required for the Revell (Hasegawa) kit compared with the Academy kit. I had so much Miliput left over I made armchairs for the ground crew :worship:

The `Special Stuff` continues...look... Uvi is trying to tell you what it is through the medium of mime

1a.jpg

Cheers all,

Ian

Alright guys :thumbsup:

I`ve pondered my problems with `THE PROJECT`( ;) ) and found that the best answer was moulding two halves. After much fuss, I realised that the way to make my moulds had been staring me right in the face all along: Milliput. Milliput is something we use in The UK as a filler, but it is also used as a modelling clay that is brick-hard when it sets.

It was right infront of me all this time, DUH and triple DUH! :P

I set about, tonight, making moulds from the converted Sparrow missile master.

Now, what to pour in? I`ve picked up some artists resin that I think will do the job.

Does anyone think that `Future` would make a decent mould release agent?

Tonight`s progress;

1.jpg

2.jpg

Simon says "Fall parameters song". We worry about Simon.

Cheers all, :)

Ian

Edited by Ian Buick
Alright guys :thumbsup:

I`ve pondered my problems with `THE PROJECT`( ;) ) and found that the best answer was moulding two halves. After much fuss, I realised that the way to make my moulds had been staring me right in the face all along: Milliput. Milliput is something we use in The UK as a filler, but it is also used as a modelling clay that is brick-hard when it sets.

It was right infront of me all this time, DUH and triple DUH! :P

I set about, tonight, making moulds from the converted Sparrow missile master.

Now, what to pour in? I`ve picked up some artists resin that I think will do the job.

Does anyone think that `Future` would make a decent mould release agent?

Tonight`s progress;

1.jpg

2.jpg

Simon says "Fall parameters song". We worry about Simon.

Cheers all, :)

Ian

Ian !

Are you loosing interest in your aircraft or are you just going haywire here???????

What are you up too?

You have to stop taking directions from those small guys dressed in Blue.

Friday nights coming along. I'll buy you a Pint or two!, do you want a packet a salt and vinegar crisps to go along with that?

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden.

Edited by Marlin
Ian !

Are you loosing interest in your aircraft or are you just going haywire here???????

What are you up too?

You have to stop taking directions from those small guys dressed in Blue.

Friday nights coming along. I'll buy you a Pint or two!, do you want a packet a salt and vinegar crisps to go along with that?

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden.

:rofl: You may be right about `haywire` Bosse, and you are on for that drink or two or several!

It may be my last drink for a while so good company is appreciated :thumbsup:

Ian, I have no idea what is going on at your workbench, but it sure as hell looks exciting. :)

I only hope the finished product lives up to the coverage I`ve given it :lol:

Cheers all, :cheers:

Ian

Alright :thumbsup:

The Hasegawa kit is starting to show it`s limitations. The CFT pylons are hopeless (probably from the earlier tool F15E prototype kit from The Bronze Age) and there is NO inner pylon that runs most the length of the CFTs. Spares from Academy F-15E kits have been used and can be seen in the pics to be a lighter shade of gray plastic than the Hasegawa parts.

I`ve also nabbed a pair of `Turkey Feather` exhausts from the Academy kit. The Academy kits won`t be wasted as I plan to turn them into Israeli F-15D with CFT and `Featherless` cans.

I`ve used the Hase CFT and will need to do a bit of scribing on them, but they fit a lot better than Academy CFT do on the Hase kit and even on their own kit!

The locating pins for the Hase CFT pylons was way off and had to be filled.

3.jpg

4.jpg

`Special Project` in dire trouble and I`m looking at a plan `B`. Got the mix wrong on my moulds, :doh:

Cheers all, :cheers:

Ian

Evening :cheers:

My first ever attempt at moulding went horribly wrong, I used too much compound to curer and my moulds fell apart, BAH!

Flight two has seen me use architectural modelling `I`-beams as mould boxes, and car body filler as the mould itself.

The beauty of this is I can have a mould on either side of the `I`-beam so get out twice as many mouldings.

Troy has become concerned about security and has enlisted the help of The Army who have helpfully supplied a newly completed Magach 6B Tank.

5.jpg

6.jpg

1- Resin plaster mould curing around scratchbuilt `master`.

2- I-beam.

3- Completed car bodyfiller moulds, bottom row have been sanded, top row is underside waiting for filing and sanding.

4- Busted first attempt.

5- A guard dog simply isn`t good enough for Troy!

Cheers all :P

Ian

Evenin` :thumbsup:

The moulds seem to have turned out okay, although some are more okay than others, but they are much more resilient than my first effort. I`ve filed them to make sure there is no overhang to catch up a casting, and I`ve given them a coat of gloss red which I hope aids a clean seperation due to it`s `polished` surface, and will get a couple of Future coats before casting.

The box mould of resin went well except the master was totally destroyed. Now I`ll only be able to make multiple castings by moulding another master er.... :)

Just to prove that there is an aircraft build in all this ( :whistle: ) I strengthed the CFT pylon joins prior to filling the gaps, and started detailing the engines.

Hase, Academy, and Aires featherless`burner cans are all nicely detailed on the inside, Academy and Isracast feathered cans are not. So, tonight, I scribed a plastic sheet from which I`ll cut strips to provide rudimentary internal detail of the Academy twin nozzles. It won`t be perfect but the only alternative is nothing at all.

7.jpg

Cheers all :cheers:

Ian

Please someone make decent `Turkey Feathers`, PWEEZE! :whistle:

8.jpg

Pic isn`t showing up the scribing on the struts but it was pretty basic anyhow.

Tomorrow, `the special stuff` MWWAAHHAAAHHHAAA! :wave:

Cheers all,

Ian

Evening all :lol:

The filler got broken out to try a test moulding and I made so much extra that I began filling the CFT and pylon gaps, and there were plenty. This ended up taking most my time, with the test shot curing, and I added the strakes to the cans and painted their outside in an aluminium basecoat.

9.jpg

With all this tish and fipsy, my Ra`am is starting to get heavy, just like my Academy types. The undercart will need to be watched when the time comes.

Cheers all :P

Ian

DRAT, and double DRAT! :cheers: My second go at casting the items I need for (SSHHH!) The `Special Project`has been another unmitigated disaster. What I need is just too small for the materials I am working with. I`ve decided to cut to the chase and make each item individually, all sixteen of them, as can be seen in the pic, from the pre-cut plasticard parts I prepared tonight.

At least the engines went well, inside and out, and I`ve begun work on the wing pylons and tanks.

10.jpg

Cheers all :coolio:

Ian

Evenin` :lol:

This is it, my third and final attempt. It is going well so far, but Plan `B` is now underway incase things go a bit Pete Tong, Plan `B` being the four 2000lb JDAMs on the left.

11.jpg

Cheers all :worship:

Ian