1/72 Italeri C-130 Hercules

Here's my entry: The Italeri 72nd C-130 with Sky's Decals for the Entebbe Raiders. :sunrevolves:

It will be OOB + the aftermarket decals.

I will be scribing the panel lines (so far I am an 20% done with just the fuselage parts.....figure it will take me while just to do this)

- Matt

DSC00283.jpg

Hi JeskiM

Great choice, I'll defenitly will be following your progress with interest.

I've got the same aircraft and decals in 1/48 in my stash.

Good Luck.

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden

Marlin,

Are you going to build your 48th anytime soon ?

- Matt

Sorry No Matt.

I've got a whole bunch of Baraks, Kurnass and Ahits in the pipeline before.

And right now I really don't have room for it.

So it sits there in the stash waiting.

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden

Some progress pics. I finished scribing one half of the fuselage (here are pics comparing the completed half vs the untouched half)....the pics are a few days old now, and I am currently 40% done with the other half now.

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

I have also started on the Cockpit are, I''ll include pics once that area is done also.

- Matt

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, no pics of anything with this update.

I have finished scribing both fuselage halfs and I am now in the middle of building up the interior. I decided to leave the cargo doors in the rear open, so I'll have to work on the interior some. I plan to post pics of the completed interior before I glue the halfs together.

- Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I managed to get the cockpit completed and the fuselage halves put together this weekend, plus scribed and attached the tail plae.

Here's some pics of the cockpit in place:

Izzy015.jpg

Izzy017.jpg

Izzy018.jpg

Izzy019.jpg

Here are some pics of the the fuselage put together and tail:

Izzy026.jpg

Izzy027.jpg

I am now working on scribing the wings (got one half of one wing complete) and the engine nacelles. Will have probably have more pics next Monday (12/29).....Stay Tuned.

- Matt

Pilot, Copilot, Flight Engineer, Navigator, and Assistant Navigator. Slick C-130s don't have the fifth position. Special ops birds do though. On AC-130Hs the fifth position is the Mission Commander. I noticed the extra position when I did mine and left it out. It doesn't realy matter though because you can't see it through the windows. Looks awsome. I wish I had the courage to rescribe mine when I did it years ago.

Curt

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Sorry there has been no updates for a while. I was on vacation for 10 days...

Anyways as it currently stands the underside and base sand colors have been sprayed. I will start masking for the pale green tonite and then the dark tan. My goal is to get the plane finished painting this weekend. Will have more pics shortly.

I will be finishing this one right up to Jan 31st.

- Matt

All,

Its now been painted with the itnitial camo job and I took off the masking last night. I've got quite a bit of touching up to do. I have started the Rotors and the exhaust, and I need to finish some of the painting around the windscreen. The radome has yet to be painted.

Bottom line is that I plan to fisnish the painting/touch-up this week and that leaves next week for decals, weathering and final dullcote.

Pics: (for some reason the camera rellay brought out the colors, they are more dull in person, espacially the Pale Green color)

Izzy107.jpg

Izzy106.jpg

Izzy101.jpg

Izzy103.jpg

All,

Here's the latest:

I am about 35% complete with decals. After that I have to do a light wash/weathering and then the Dullcote and it'll be done. I'll probably be done on Saturday Jan 31st.

If there's a reward for last build, I should be able to win it. :worship:

- Matt

Pics Just before the Gloss Coat:

Izzy110.jpg

Izzy112.jpg

Izzy109.jpg

Pics of decaling in progress:

Izzy116.jpg

Izzy117.jpg

Izzy118.jpg

Izzy119.jpg

Edited by JeskiM