New Tamiya 1/48 F-16

When you check out the sprue shots at Lucky Models, you will see that on the clear sprue, there is a new one - sprue "U". I guess this contain the WAR-HUD parts, but it is difficult to make out from the pictures.

I'm suprised they molded two open fuel tank panels on the right side aft fuselage, do they have any parts to go in that area? Not like you can find many open fuel tank pictures to detail the area.

Really like the upper fuselage in two sections, definitely suggests future release variations (D-model, block 60 mods)

It was carried over from the 1/32nd F-16C (and copied by Kinetic), it's possibly a location to install switches for added lighting, as witnessed buy the relief cuts to the interior wings to allow the running of the wires.

Curt

• 2 weeks later...

They could and should do this for their 1/32 kits as well. All the parts are there in the T-bird and Blk 50 kits, just throw them together in one box and save us some hassle. BTW, if anyone has this kit and won't be using the GE exhaust, I could use it.

Guys,

do you think they'll do the A/B version (and prototypes too) and cover from the block 1 to the block 30 as well or they won't?

Just curious on what you think...

they'll spend to cover the whole range?

and again,will that be the priority instead of generating other concurrency with Hase by making a hornet or a tomcat engineerd as the actual viper?

and what about the time,when they'll release if they will?

Cheers

:whistle:

Edited by Jack-Swiss
Great Release. But it looks like the GBU´s und the LIGHTNING pod that came with the ANG-Release are not included in this one.

Anyone not doing the aggressor with this kit I will trade you ACMI pods/AIM-9M's for GBU-12 Litening II pods.

Look what new addition to the stash, landed today!

IMG00067-20090219-1742.jpg

Who did you get yours from?

My wife ordered one from Luckymodel 16 days ago and still has the infamous blue staus showing. I guess they're not so Lucky after she sent them 4 emails w/ no reply.So ,she's looking to order from somewhere else. She's not that impatient, just the lack of replies tweaked her enough to start looking elsewhere, and I feel like an idiot 'cuz I told her to look into them.

evilmedic13,

There's a great chance LuckyModel started shipping pre-orders but then simply ran out of kits due to the interest from costumers. I pre-ordered my self on January 31st and the kits shipped February 9th with arrival here on the 18th. So they have been in stock for sure.

About the e-mails, there's a risk they've been caught by Raymond's spam filter. I would suggest you log on with you costumer ID, go to ""My account", then "My request" and then send your message via the website it self. I normally do that and have always received a reply within a few days at the maximum. All time record still stands at a mere 9 minutes!!!

Beware that if you already ordered from the website and paid with a credit card, I am pretty sure your card has already been charged. Just a heads-up in case you (or your wife) decide to order from somewhere else.

Best of luck getting the kit(s).

Bjarne

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt this is a great kit with the options you get in the box but when can we expect a 2 seater? I hope to see one by year's end. I think with how nice these kits are and Tamiya waiting to pop the 2 seater, when they do I think there is going to be huge supply/demand issues. Here in Canada Ontario where I live all the hobby stores can't keep these kits in stock and there is only one supplier for Tamiya in Canada which is Borgfeldt and they are even having problems getting stock of these Vipers. It will be interesting to see if they pop the 2 seat in 1/32 first and then 1/48 later, I hope not as when they popped 1/32 F-16CJ it was 3 years later before they popped it in 1/48.