I have an emergency about clear coating

Hey guys I am in the process of weathering my A-7E CorsairII and well it didnt turn out the way I wanted it to. I let the model set for over 24 hours and when I went to apply a coat of Future it ate away my weathering! Any tips on how to keep that from happening again? Tomorrow is payday I think that I will go and get a bottle of enamel flat black and do it that way! Seriously though is there anyway to stop that from happening?

You really want to do the weathering on top of the Future. For one thing, the Future prevents your weathering from sometimes bleeding into a flat paint and leaving an undesirable result. The other being that some washes will disappear like it seems yours did.

Depending on what you're using (like Promodellers wash for instance) you may need to add a drop of dish soap to it to break surface tension when used over a Future coat since the glossy surface makes it bead instead of flowing into panel lines, etc.