My entry will be a Hasegawa 1/48 Netz with Wolf Pack conversion, Steel Beach covered intake, AM seat, and IsraDecal Decals. I'd started this kit for the Viper II GB but only got as far as painting the gray and black for the cockpit area. I still wanted to get it built and this GB gives me good cause. I got it back out on Friday and got as far as getting the fuselage together today.

F-16ANetz1.jpg

The markings I plan on using are for a bird used to A2A training, thus no under wing stores. Here is my porcupine effort to fill the holes:

F-16ANetz2.jpg

Edited by Rodney

The Wolf Pack conversion comes with a nicely detailed radome to replace the kit piece.

F-16AWPnose1.jpg

After getting the resin piece cleaned up, I test fit it to the fuselage to find a grave disappointment. The resin part is undersized!!!

Here is a picture of the kit radome on the left and the resin replacement on the right:

F-16AWP2.jpg

I went ahead and used the kit part and may try to add some detail.

Rodney

The Wolf Pack conversion comes with a nicely detailed radome to replace the kit piece.

F-16AWPnose1.jpg

After getting the resin piece cleaned up, I test fit it to the fuselage to find a grave disappointment. The resin part is undersized!!!

Here is a picture of the kit radome on the left and the resin replacement on the right:

F-16AWP2.jpg

I went ahead and used the kit part and may try to add some detail.

Rodney

I'm doing the Netz too and i understand how u feel Rodney. Its very unfortunate that the resin radome is undersized. :nanner:

I encountered the same problem as your build (undersized nose). I sent Wolfpack an email regarding it and they promptly sent me another nose. Unfortunately that nose was too small too. I think they did not account for the resin shrinkage while casting.

Mark

Shrinkage is such a dirty word when it comes to resin, thats why I try to avoid using it if at all possible. Its very easy to add detail to Hasegawas nose. Royale Resin has one based off the Tamiya F-16, I have a couple and they fit like a champ.

Jeff

Hi Rodney,

No underwing stores?, I sense the breath of the Dragon here. :soapbox:

Is that the aircraft you're making?

Good luck this time around.

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden

Of course, those tail markings are awesome.

Thanks,

Rodney

Thanks guys. I'm still disappointed about the nose but thought I'd give it a go as Jeff says.

I used 0.010" strips of plasticard cut to lenth, glued on with Tamiya thin cement, and sanded down some to reduce it's height. The main strip on top of the nose came out a little crooked if looking head on. I drilled out the holes to add the AOA from some pin tips at the end. Not perfect but satisfing none the less.

F-16Anewnose.jpg

I got the wing holes filled where the pylons went, the cover on the intake, and hope to glue the intake to the fuselage tonight. Been doing some work on the exhaust too.

Thanks,

Rodney

Of course, those tail markings are awesome.

Thanks,

Rodney

Cool.

I agree. I think The Dragon and/or The Negev are the coolest IDF/AF tailmarkings.

I'm saving my Dragon for a possible Agressor GB.

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden

Didn't get any time during the past week to do any work but did get some time in this weekend. I got the main body prepped and painted the bottom color. I need to blend in the pitot tube and then I can start on the top colors. The canopies got the seam polished out, dipped in Future, and the black painted. I spent most of today working on painting the True Details ejection seat. The picture didn't come out to good (makes the dry brushing look harsh) but the seat looks better in person and I'm fairly happy with it. Hopefully, I'll find time this week to work on the top camo colors.

F-16ASunday.jpg

F-16Aseatdone.jpg

Edited by Rodney

I agree, that seat looks great. Nicely done.

Interesting the F-16 nose is too small, I had the same issue with the Wolfpack F-18A+ nose piece. It's a shame because it looks great, it's just about 1/16 of an inch too small all around. :thumbsup:

:popcorn:

Mark

Rodney, that is looking great, especially the seat, looks excellent!!

Shame about the Wolfpack nose, its a similar case to the Aires P&W nozzle, its too small as well, but it was fixable, unlike the nose. ;)

Looking forward to seeing this one unfold, keep up the good work! :D

Cheers,

Jeff.

I was fortunate to have a good chunk of time in the hobby room this weekend. I've got pretty much all the painting complete and will be ready to gloss cote and decal after Thanksgiving. I used the blue tac method for doing the camo pattern. After finishing, I decided that the green was not pale enough for the IDF green. I used a MM bottle that I'd labeled IDF green with the FS number rubbed off but it looks to bright. I went back and tried to fade it a little with some other paint I had on hand.

What is the proper FS number for IDF green? I did a Sprue Brothers search but did not get a hit for MM paint.

Anyways, onto the pics:

F-16Apainted1.jpg

F-16Apainted2.jpg

F-16Atop.jpg

Also, looking at the pictures and layout in the Isradecals, I noticed that this aircraft does not have the additional flare buckets. So, I'll save the Wolfpack buckets for a future build.

Rodney

Very very nice Rodney! for me everything looking just fine! somewhere here on ARC have a list of IDF colors...yes they are from isradecal instructions sheet! I buy for my build Gunze colors...

Here is fraction text from modelling madness:

AS FOR THE ACCURATE COLORS USE ON THE F-16A/B/C/D. TOP SURFACE SAND F.S.33531, BROWN F.S.30219, GREEN F.S.34424 (RAF W.W.II SKY), BOTTOM SURFACE LIGHT GHOST GRAY. THE COLORS I PREFER TO USE ARE, HUMBROL 121 FOR THE SAND, HUMBROL 119 FOR THE BROWN, TESTORS MODEL MASTERS "SKY" FOR THE GREEN AND

HUMBROL 127 FOR THE UNDERSURFACE GRAY. FOR THE RADOM, MISSILE RAIL AND RWR ANTENNAS I USE HUMBROL 140. NOTE - THE COCKPIT COLOR FOR THE BARAK IS BLACK, NOT GRAY."

Edited by mario krijan

WOW... that's one beautiful F-16. Great job on the nose... I'm a huge proponent of scratch building and you did a marvelous job on the nose!

As for the paint job, sheesh, what can one say... STUNNING is the only word that comes to mind. As you going to weather it or keep it out of the shop clean?

-Greg

I was fortunate to have a good chunk of time in the hobby room this weekend. I've got pretty much all the painting complete and will be ready to gloss cote and decal after Thanksgiving. I used the blue tac method for doing the camo pattern. After finishing, I decided that the green was not pale enough for the IDF green. I used a MM bottle that I'd labeled IDF green with the FS number rubbed off but it looks to bright. I went back and tried to fade it a little with some other paint I had on hand.

What is the proper FS number for IDF green? I did a Sprue Brothers search but did not get a hit for MM paint.

Anyways, onto the pics:

F-16Apainted1.jpg

F-16Apainted2.jpg

F-16Atop.jpg

Also, looking at the pictures and layout in the Isradecals, I noticed that this aircraft does not have the additional flare buckets. So, I'll save the Wolfpack buckets for a future build.

Rodney

Stunning paintjob :woot.gif: Rodney, but what the others has already said is unfortunally true.

The green should be FS 34424. I use Xtracolor X166, which is acually FS14424. But a matt coat later it's FS34424.

And if you are thinking of building an F-16 I Sufa with conformal fueltanks. The front part of them is actually painted FS14424 for less drag.

What/which redpaint did you use for the Sidewinder and fueltank ?

Great Work so far :rolleyes:

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden.