Thanks guys. I'll have to order the correct paint for my next build. Sky was the key word/color that I was unaware of. I'll have to sneak a MM bottle of that into my next Sprue Brothers order.

Thanks for the comment on the nose. I do very little scratch work but was pretty happy with how it came out.

For weathering, the pictures don't show it to well but I did do a little fading on the green and brown. Next is to gloss cote and decal. Afterwards, will by my usual oil wash.

I'm two states away from home for the holidays but look forward to getting home to finish this one up.

Rodney

What/which redpaint did you use for the Sidewinder and fueltank ?

Great Work so far :woot.gif:

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden.

Oops, missed this question on my previous post.

I used Insignia Red with some International Orange. I painted the intake color Insignia Red and wanted a different red for the tank and 'winder.

Rodney

Hoi Rodney,

The build looks great. I would try to go back in with the Sky S if you can. It will make a big difference as to have your Israeli Viper ends up looking (quite a difference between the earlier F-4/Mirage/Kfir green and the later F-16 green).

later

Ruud

Well, I agree with you but I don't have a bottle of Sky paint and I don't want to place an order for just one bottle with $7 shipping fee. I'll have to sit down and see if I can make a list worth placing an order.

Thanks,

Rodney

Oops, missed this question on my previous post.

I used Insignia Red with some International Orange. I painted the intake color Insignia Red and wanted a different red for the tank and 'winder.

Rodney

Thanks Rodney,

Logged that information for future use.

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden

Well, I agree with you but I don't have a bottle of Sky paint and I don't want to place an order for just one bottle with $7 shipping fee. I'll have to sit down and see if I can make a list worth placing an order.

Thanks,

Rodney

Hi Rodney,

Do you ever mix your own paint? I ask, because instead of ordering a bottle of sky, you could just mix the green you have with about 60-70 percent white, and perhaps a drop of black to add a little gray tone, and I think you would get a shade very close to Sky. I rarely paint anything sraight out of the bottle without a little mixing and matching.

Give it a try, I think you could do very well without waiting to order one bottle of paint that may or may not match the real thing any better than what you could mix up for yourself.

Cheers

Jason

Edited by jburch
  • 1 month later...

I really enjoyed my Holidays... modeling and family. Here is my IDF F-16A Netz with markings of "The Flying Dragon Squadron". According to the IsraDecal instructions, this squadron operates as an Aggressor squadron and trains all IAF squadrons. Ok, I just like the tail markings! I had bought the WolfPack resin update for this build but the resin nose was undersized and it turns out that this bird does not have the additional flare buckets. So, those are put away for future use. I did use a True Details ejection seat and Steel Beach intake cover. Since the WolfPack resin nose did not fit, I added some styrene strips and used a needle point for the AOA sensors. The green is to dark for this scheme but I'm calling it done and am happy to have an IDF bird in the dispay case.

F-16AIDFDone8.jpg

F-16AIDFCockpit2.jpg

F-16AIDFCockpit3.jpg

F-16AIDFDone2.jpg

F-16AIDFDone7.jpg

F-16AIDFDone1.jpg

F-16AIDFDone11.jpg

F-16AIDFDone4.jpg

F-16AIDFDone10.jpg

F-16AIDFDone9.jpg

Thanks,

Rodney

Hi,

Nice one, Rodney! :thumbsup:

I have a question for all IDF F-16 experts.

Are the decals to build one of the Osirak raiders readily available?

If I'm not mistaken, there has been an earlier F-16A sheet by Isradecal and Rodney used a more recent release with the new cool squadron markings on the tails.

Would it still be possible to build an Osirak raider from this new sheet?

Cheers, Stefan.

Hi,

Nice one, Rodney! :bandhead2:

I have a question for all IDF F-16 experts.

Are the decals to build one of the Osirak raiders readily available?

If I'm not mistaken, there has been an earlier F-16A sheet by Isradecal and Rodney used a more recent release with the new cool squadron markings on the tails.

Would it still be possible to build an Osirak raider from this new sheet?

Cheers, Stefan.

If you can get hold of Isra #47 you can build everyone of the Osirak raiders.

Best Regards

Bosse from Sweden

#243 comes in the Hasegawa IDF Netz Boxing, That would be the A/C Illian Ramon (sp) flew.

Also if building one in that time frame they should have the small stabs, and no IDF upgrades (ie:external Chaff/Flare)

Curt