• 2 weeks later...

Okay, all done. This is my P-47D flown by 2nd Lt. William Roach, 358th FS, 355th FG. It was later captured and flown out of 2./VVB OKL, Wunstorf, July 1944. I posted it in it's Zirkus Rosarius colors back when I first joined ARC but here's a reminder. After it flew in this scheme it was later painted the darker Luftwaffe green with a complete yellow underside. I may do that one also if I can find the markings. Thanks for looking. Chris

13dvtttlk2b1a5jq3i5w.jpg

So here is my group build P-47.

27z5bz3zkpkk88loee2r.jpg

sw7ine5igdh6fns1dk60.jpg

qjk0m3vstxjobprlf3kg.jpg

3uso3y4j06gui8mkbkz5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Afternoon from Gods Own New Zealand.

Here's my most recent build(s) - Started November 2008 and finished last weekend 11/01/09 using Hasegawa's 1/72 P-51K (RAF), built OOB apart from Tamiya tape harness's. Smooth finish created using Gunze Sangyo Mr Primer and increasingly fine grades of wet & dry. There's still a few scratches in the plastic which I didn't pick up until late but they are minimal and a good lesson. Also wasn't able to get the dimples out of the wheels unfortunately but that's always a dissapointment with Hasegawa Mustangs.

Paints were Tamiya/Humbrol enamels for smaller details & Gunze Sangyo lacquers for larger areas. The silver lacquer was exquisit as it dried instant & immune to handling wear. Gave a good aluminium finish. Unfortunately I can't get the lacquers anymore as the exchange rate...well...died a miserable death. Fortunately I can still get Alclad II.

Future builds are likely to be the Tamiya P-51 as only $25-$30NZD RRP, also better quality. This was built in conjunction with another Hasegawa P-51K in RNZAF markings (last pic).

I'll continue practicing as I build and improve my skills. Enjoy the pics

Picture015.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I only just now noticed this thread way up at the top for completed models. I mistakenly posted my completed work in the section below and thus has been seen before but I'll post again to go along with the other completed work.

IMG_2426.jpg

P-51B_MG_2457.jpg

P-51B_MG_2461.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

P-51B_MG_2464.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my finished entry.

Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito.

Finished with MM enamels and some Tamiya Acrylics. Added PE belts, other than that OOB. The decals are from the kit depicting 487 Squadron.

IP2.jpg

RadioOperStation.jpg

Skeeter002.jpg

Skeeter009.jpg

Skeeter013.jpg

Skeeter006.jpg

Skeeter008.jpg

Skeeter003.jpg

I hope you like it

:) Ted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...