Mirage IIIO 75th Sqn Butterworth...

Hi,

This will be my 2nd entery to this GB after completed my A-7E..I got an old Heler Mirage III E that I wanna build it as the RAAF Mirage IIIO in RAAF Butterworth that is close to me...

DSC07186.jpg

This is a raised line kit, test fitting show there are some seamline to fight later, and there are some sink make on the plastic too.. more later..

Thanks Andrew, I will PM you later..

Anyway, a little progress, The kit's instrument panel came in blank and Heller did not provide any decal for the panel, so I added some dials to it, I think I made it too big, and this is by no mean accurate also.. normally I would prefer Decal for 1/72 cockpit..

DSC07200.jpg

I have decided to rescrib the kit's raised line too.. more progress later..

• 4 weeks later...

Andrew,

Thanks for the pointer, but I don't really get what you mean, can you show me a photo your model on that same are you mention above.. please..

anyway,

Some more work done..

DSC07337.jpg

The join the fuselage, fitting is quite good here..

DSC07338.jpg

But not so on the wing, So I carefully align and glue the top part of the wings first so that I get a good alignment on the top here , then followed by attach the bally parts, there is some nasty seam to fight here...

More to come, hope to get this done before 2009...

Hi Thomas,

If you have a look at the pic;

DSC02145.jpg

you will see two dark dots on the wings. These are what I'm talking about. They are dark blue formation lights. Like I said in a previous post it looks as though you've missed one on the port wing. I actually drill an indent into the wing and fill it near completion with clear glue. otherwise your Mirage appears to be coming along nicely.

Have great Christmas

Regards

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry Guys... Can't meet the deadline, apparently my friend got my address wrong and the decal sent was return to him. I will continue the build once I got my hand on the decal from him again later...

Andrew,

Nice decal selection there, maybe I will get the 3Sqn one for my 1/48 build later...

• 2 weeks later...