1/48th Pave Low build dilemma

I have a 1/48th Pave Low ready to be built but once its done the rotor diameter is going to be massive and I won't be able to display it around the house...unless I get a divorce.

Has somebody thought of a way to detatch the rotors temporarily so that the model will fit easily on a shelf?

Cheers,

Neil.

NY0L6459poster.jpg

Edited by jonesy1275

I don't want the blades folded as but then I don't want to remove the entire rotor hub as well when its on display.

I have considered cutting the rotors at the base, drilling a hole into both ends and inserting a metal pin/lug and when the need to attatch the rotors presents itself, I can can then just push them onto the pin.

Any thoughts on that idea?

Yeah, the decals have been a pain in the butt. I've got decals from an Academy MH-60 so that I can use the stars and bars then I've managed to get a full set of decals for the Academy CH-53E which covers most of the stencils. Its just the serial numbers I need now.

Wow you took those! Thanks! I used some as reference for my Pave.

http://www.angels-20.co.uk/Pave%20Low/NY0L6443.jpg

That helped alot with the weathering.

Good luck with your Pavelow. I scratch built mine form the RoG kit.

Here is a link to my build if you are interested.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....65110&st=40

Thanks again

Curt

No Pavelow decals on the market. You will have to piece together a set from the spares bin. The pins in the hub and blade idea was what I was going to say. Good idea.

Curt

Gents:

48th scale Pavelow decals are in the works!

Mark

Wolfpak Decals

Would there be any interest with ARC'ers if I managed to get some A4 prints of the photo I originally posted in this thread? I think I could roughly get them printed with a company for around £5 GBP including shipping within the UK. For the US, I'd have to get one packaged up to see how much shipping would cost. I don't think it'd be that much.

A3 could be possible on request?

Mark, I'd love some details about the decals. Will they be ready within the next two months?

Would there be any interest with ARC'ers if I managed to get some A4 prints of the photo I originally posted in this thread? I think I could roughly get them printed with a company for around £5 GBP including shipping within the UK. For the US, I'd have to get one packaged up to see how much shipping would cost. I don't think it'd be that much.

A3 could be possible on request?

Mark, I'd love some details about the decals. Will they be ready within the next two months?

I would be interested. Would that be an 8x10 shot??? That is a awseome pic!!!!!!

Roy

I too am interested in the decals :yahoo:

Edited by Roy Tedore