1/48 Italeri Mirage IIIE converted to RAAF IIIO

For those that don't check the GBs, I have been working on this in the GBNF GB. It is Italeri's 1/48 Mirage IIIE converted to RAAF Mirage IIIO specs. The cockpit, front U/C well and seat are a locally made resin kit with Eduard P/E for enhancement. The Matra R550s are from the Esci Mirage F1 kit, the canted launch rails are resin (made by a friend). The exhaust is modified from the kit one and using the left overs from a Tamiya F16 kit. The avionics bay and hatch is scratch built using scrap resin , plastic card and jewellers wire for hoses. The RBF tags are from Verlinden. The decals are from High Planes Models, kit and decal scrap box.

DSC02188.jpg

DSC02189.jpg

DSC02190.jpg

DSC02194.jpg

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02197.jpg

DSC02196.jpg

DSC02191.jpg

DSC02192.jpg

Hope you like it! Comments welcome.

Build here for those interested;

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=164100

Regards

Andrew

Thanks guys,

I really appreciate your comments. For those that don't know the Mirage was superceeded by the F/A-18 Hornet and F12aaa's Hornet (same Squadron) is a great example. Pity I can't get a pic of the two a/c together.

Regards and thanks

Andrew

Wow Andrew it is hard to believe that is actually the Italeri/ESCI kit! Very well done! :bandhead2:

Cheers Jay,

I don't know why so many people have issues with this kit. Like most kits they need a little TLC to get them to look right.

Thanks for the comments.

Regards

Andrew

shes' a beaut!

great 75 MIRACLE Andrew -really nice :thumbsup:

although everytime i see a pic of that avionics bay open on a Mirage i have to look twice as it looks like a 2nd canopy (or is it just me?)

Nice unusual livery for a Mirage :rolleyes:

Are they still in service?

Thanks guys,

I appreciate your comments.

Simone, I left a comment on your Hornet post about it. Your Hornet replaced my Mirage back in 1986 from memory as per Shadowy One's post. In relation to the Avionics Bay, I too first thought that it was a second canopy until I saw what was inside. this aircraft is now in the Point Cook RAAF Museum and was the mount of one Wing Commander Ray Evans. Hence the nose banner.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Doppel
Thanks guys,

Simone, I left a comment on your Hornet post about it. Your Hornet replaced my Mirage back in 1986 from memory as per Shadowy One's post.

Regards

Andrew

I had misread, thought you was speaking of models not of real A/Cs :thumbsup: