Cobra Company Closed?

Bad news i am afraid:

Effective November 13, 2008 and until further notice, Cobra Company is no longer accepting orders.

We would like to thank you for your patience and your business.

The Cobra Company Staff

http://www.cobracompany.com/

Did not see that one comming.

My Buddy Harald just bought a set... hope its not the last one... :thumbsup:

Hate to see them go :whistle: , loved their products.

Michel

I spoke to Chris a week or two ago and he said that things had started to slip a bit. Since he's been back, we've been in very infrequent contact (before his first hiatus, we were talking nearly every day). I hope he's ok and I'll let everyone know if I hear anything.

Jon

what i think needs to happen is somebody needs to buy the bisness from the owner and take over the operations cuz a lot of us like heilcopters and need his stuff meteor protuions is all ready gone i can't take a nother company dieing so fast if i had the money i would buy cobra company and keep it from dieing some body needs to buy them we can't lose them :thumbsup:

what i think needs to happen is somebody needs to buy the bisness from the owner and take over the operations cuz a lot of us like heilcopters and need his stuff meteor protuions is all ready gone i can't take a nother company dieing so fast if i had the money i would buy cobra company and keep it from dieing some body needs to buy them we can't lose them :rofl:

Sir maybe you should re-phrase you comment can't take a nother company dieing I know you mean well and care but Chris has been through a lot.

Roy

Edited by Roy Tedore

I know this open, closed, open, closed thing is aggravating to some, but I really give the Chief Snake credit for not falling into the habit of some resin casters of taking orders then falling behind and taking months to fill them or just drifting of into the void. How many of us have seen good companies just fade into the sunset never to be seen again with lots of outstanding orders waiting to be filled.

I'll take an honest caster who will say, sorry but I can't take your money right now over one who takes the money and fails to produce any day.

Chris runs a class act, if he gets going again, my money is waiting, if not I wish him well on what ever he does instead.

I know this open, closed, open, closed thing is aggravating to some, but I really give the Chief Snake credit for not falling into the habit of some resin casters of taking orders then falling behind and taking months to fill them or just drifting of into the void. How many of us have seen good companies just fade into the sunset never to be seen again with lots of outstanding orders waiting to be filled.

I'll take an honest caster who will say, sorry but I can't take your money right now over one who takes the money and fails to produce any day.

Chris runs a class act, if he gets going again, my money is waiting, if not I wish him well on what ever he does instead.

Very well put I have ordered from him several times and received 1st class treatment all the way. I bow in his presence :)

mabye there is a way some of us could buy the company or do other parts to save it cuz a lot of people need his stuff because hwo are u going to build a uscg jayhawk or a ch-53 pavelow iv or correct a ah-1w we need his stuff mabye some 1 could take up the reins i wuld be able to give it a try :rolleyes:

mmmm i don't know the reasons why he closed...

anyway i hope it's jsut a question of time...

it's a shame...i discovered it today..i was ready with my credit card in my hand...going to order the set For update the uh-1n twin huey...and the Seasprite....

HOPE ILL BE ABLE TO FIND THEM ANYWAY...

i already ordered some product by cobra company...and service and quality of the stuff i bought..was very good!!

To keep everyone informed, I noticed that sometime this weekend, the website's message was amended to read:

We should be back open for business in the near future and thank you for your patience and your business.

That sounds like much better news. Thanks for the update.