1/72 AML Avia S 199

Hello

I have chosen for this GB one of the very first fighters operated by Israeli forces in June 1948.

First what we have in the kit :

m_85650128_0.jpg

m_85650212_0.jpg

m_85650286_0.jpg

m_85650408_0.jpg

Now what I have made so far in the cokpit :

m_85651307_0.jpg

m_85651370_0.jpg

m_85651366_0.jpg

Patrick

Hello

This week I worked around the wings. As you can see the wing surface is not as a baby skin !

m_86354872_0.jpg

m_86354895_0.jpg

m_86354896_0.jpg

It will be dificult to place the radiators beneath the wing due to its thickness...

m_86354878_0.jpg

m_86354847_0.jpg

Patrick

Nice subject and very nice work!

I bought a 1/72 KP Avia S-199 recently from Hannant's, intending to participate in this GB. Somehow I don't think that KP kit will be a straight forward build... Not sure whether I have sufficient time to build it for this GB though.

Already stalling with my Helicopter GB project. Tried to complete a tiny bird, was intending to do OOB but got totally carried away... :) Not so sure I can complete that in time.

Cheers,

Giles

Patrick. Your Sakeen is looking very nice. What is the brown material in some of the panel lines? Is that residue from an adhesive you use?

Everytime I make a seam I use matt paint to see the result, after I sand with a very fine sand paper and water.

Like this :

m_21625429_0.jpg

Patrick

Hello

Recently I had many troubles with my S 199. The wing was too thick inside and after trying to reduce the radiators I decided to change the wings.

I broke the AML wings and dug out a Revell Messerschmitt Bf 109 G10 of mine. Some plastic card was required to fill the gaps.

Now there is another colour in my little kit, something like late Matchbox kits.

Here are some pictures :

m_86831159_0.jpg

m_86831166_0.jpg

Next I glued the tail plane and improved the rudder zone.

m_86831162_0.jpg

Patrick

giles;

The way I'm doing an S-199 (based on what someone else did) is to saw the nose off the KP kit with kind of an S-cut using a razor saw, then graft it onto a better 109 kit. I've done it twice actually (once with an Academy 109, and once with a Hobby Boss), and it's not all that hard.

giles;

The way I'm doing an S-199 (based on what someone else did) is to saw the nose off the KP kit with kind of an S-cut using a razor saw, then graft it onto a better 109 kit. I've done it twice actually (once with an Academy 109, and once with a Hobby Boss), and it's not all that hard.

Hi

You're certainly right and a long time ago I intended to do that as I have one KP kit in hand, but now as I have started working on this AML kit I have to go through (or over...) every hurdle on the way.

Patrick

giles;

Hi

You're certainly right and a long time ago I intended to do that as I have one KP kit in hand, but now as I have started working on this AML kit I have to go through (or over...) every hurdle on the way.

Patrick

Thanks! I missed your posts.

I plan to do exactly that! I doubt I'd complete it in time though.

I am a slow builder. After the helicopter debut :cheers: (if I can get it completed before 1st January), I'll probably do the what-if.

Before coming on the ARC or this forum, I don't even know what a whatif means... :lol:

• 4 weeks later...