1/72 AML Avia S 199

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

As I previously said I put the first layers of paint.

I followed the feature in Model Airplane Monthly by Yoav Efrati and chose the RAL 6013 green. Actually it was the Revell SM362 enamel paint.

Tonight I painted the panels with the same color with a drop of white paint.

And here she is :

m_93024746_0.jpg

m_93024747_0.jpg

m_93024749_0.jpg

Patrick

One small critique Patrick.

The contrast between light and dark is very obvious, and hits the eye a little bit too much. Perhaps a mist coat of the base color can tie things together better?

Just my opinion, but its your model and your style, so take it or leave it :coolio:

Actually it's not so strong in normal tungsten light. I've got two 100W white bulbs when I take pictures.

Now with the gloss coat the difference is less obvious.

Tonight decals.

Patrick

Hi

When I started decalling I realized that the white and blue band of the aft fuselage did not follow the curvature.

So I decided to paint it.

I do not like painting small areas after the whole aircraft because I have to mask large surfaces but here she is :

m_93215216_0.jpg

m_93215222_0.jpg

Patrick

Edited by VG 33

It must have been the lighting, like you said, which made the earlier photos look off. The model is really coming to life now. You're doing a terrific job. You have a week to finish before the deadline. Do you think you can do it?

It must have been the lighting, like you said, which made the earlier photos look off. The model is really coming to life now. You're doing a terrific job. You have a week to finish before the deadline. Do you think you can do it?

"Yes, we can"

Patrick