• 4 weeks later...
Anyone know the story behind the Su-17 in the top right-hand corner of the first picture in post 6?

:popcorn:

Sukhoi,

It was done by my fellow Soviet Aircraft SIG member, Gordon.

He tends to do the more weird & wonderful stuff - bordering on the 'What If'.

The single-seat MiG-AT, MiG-3 floatplane etc are also his - as is the Tu-22 'Fighter'.

I'll give him a call and try to find out for you - but it's probably just a vague mention of such a scheme, or a grainy photo in some magazine.

That's all it takes to start him building these flights of fancy :thumbsup: :unsure:

Ken

Sounds alot like me, Looking forward to hear what he has to say.

Cheers

I've just come off the phone with him....... he got quite excited that someone was interested in one of his models (he doesn't get out much) :thumbsup:

Apparently it's just a vehicle on which he was trying out a new painting technique - it is totally ficticious.

There is a discussion and build details on the What If website - but I did a quick search and didn't find it........

Hope you have more luck.

Cheers

Ken

I've just come off the phone with him....... he got quite excited that someone was interested in one of his models (he doesn't get out much) :D

Apparently it's just a vehicle on which he was trying out a new painting technique - it is totally ficticious.

There is a discussion and build details on the What If website - but I did a quick search and didn't find it........

Hope you have more luck.

Cheers

Ken

Here's Gordons thread Ken

Winter Fitter

Cheers

Geoff B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks a lot like the camo on that Fitter that was bought by the Luftwaffe. Now that's an interesting model... althought now it might be indistinguishable from the Fitters that were inherited from the Luftstreitkräfte.

Edited by Bonehammer73