Lavochkin La5FN

Nice simple OOB build, had a bit of repainting to do, and now I look at the pics, a little tidying and finishing, but another one on the shelf of "factory fresh" aircraft.

P1010035.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Matt

Edited by MattC
What scale? What kit??

This is the RoG 1:72 kit, sorry I should have said.

Are you out of things to build again?

Not quite, I have been a little busy in the local shops.

I have an RoG 1:72 Bf109G-10 on the go at the moment and a Bf110 E-1 waiting for an Aires 'pit if I can run to it next month.

This La5FN is a nice little kit, although it isn't as nice to build as it looks like it should be from the sprues. The usual issues with recent RoG offerings reared their heads. Since they moved production, it seems like there is a lot more flash, a lot more moulding "evidence" and the transparencies have gone to the dogs.

Still, it makes up nice. Had some colour issues but I got round them by good old fashioned bodging

Cheers for your comments folks

Matt

I am quite sure revell La-5FN is a rebox. I think model looks great! :thumbsup:

But more pictures. :cheers:

I have Zvezda La-5 kit in 1/48 and it is a beaty. My only prop plane in stash...Ohh, wait, i also have Ju-87 in 1/32 from hasegawa...

Thanks everyone!

Just a couple more pics as requested. Not a brilliant model I know, but I am fairly pleased with it.

P1010035-1.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010058.jpg

I don't know if this is a reboxing, it could be, and if it is, I would probably guess at Monogram or similar, as the moulding is too up to date for FROG/MB etc.

Cheers

Matt

Looks like you did that one good, Matt. Did you use the kit's stickers?

IIRC, Revell's LA-5 is a rebox of Italeri's very old kit from the mid 70's. I wouldn't blame Revell's new production site for flash and such. This is a really old kit and the molds should be showing their age. When this kit first came out, I remember there being a 'wow' factor. It was really nice compared to its comtemporaries.

If its that old, it must have been a real star kit back in the day! It holds up pretty well today!

Yes I used the kit decals, which are (to my mind) a little oversized, but I couldn't be bothered to look for alternatives!

Thanks for all your comments folks, they are most welcome and appreciated,

Cheers

Matt